Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Upcoming auction in Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Not sure if this is allowed, so if its not, please just kick it to the curb and I will still hold my head up high. Just stumbled across this video with some model A's and t's plus a 34 ford tudor and a few other relics. Looks like auction in Feb this year.

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They're tough but there are potential projects and parts...what a graveyard...

Thanks for sharing that, it's fun to break some branches and discover what's hiding in the woods...I don't believe that's a dry state...it was sure easy to see the Chevy pile...;)...didn't see any dead Hotrods...things sure were piling up in the Shithouse eh!...:eek:

fegsta and Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy like this.
  3. 1ton

1ton

Gonna be lots of lots at that auction.

Stogy and Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy like this.
  4. Dennis D

Dennis D

Yep, gonna fix those up some day............

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Reminds me of how things were around parts of the East Coast 40-50 years ago. Thank you for the walk back in time. Hope the two early T's find a proper home. Bob

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, like walking back in time 50+ years.
    The 34 Sedan is to die for. Really solid (wondering if that grille is in one of the out buildings.

For HAMBers in the area (just East of Wichita), here's a link to the auction with lots of pics. Feb 12th. Preview listed as Feb 9th. 4.3 acre property is also on the block. Home is 1914 (with dry well, so apparently the outhouse WAS still in use!).
    Would be fun to walk through/attend the auction.

https://www.sundgren.com/auctions/

egads, Stogy and The37Kid like this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the link Hot Rods. If that was a few hours drive away I'd be there. Good luck to everyone that shows up to save that stuff. Bob

Stogy likes this.
  8. Let's go easy on the guy - looks like he was a veteran - and I'd be just sure the two parts I need for my Cabriolet are in there somewhere !

egads, The37Kid, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Damn, less than 15 miles from my farm. Didn't even know it was there! Looks like I'm taking that Friday off for sure. Definitely going to go look on the days they allow before the auction.

10. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I wonder how long some of that stuff has been sitting there? I hope the good stuff finds homes....and doesn't end up in the crusher.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm too far away to even think about going but I'd have to believe that outside a few rigs most of them are going to go pretty low simply because it appears that no one plans to prepare the vehicles or parts or items to present it to get the best bids.

You might have to buy a pickup load of stuff to get one or two parts you want in the pile or shed.

That said there are a few real nifty cars and trucks and some other interesting pieces in that batch of stuff.

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ll send this info to a guy I know who collects traps. He has over 1000.

Stogy and stillrunners like this.
  13. If anyone here buys anything there, please post up some pictures on this thread.

As everyone knows how auctions go, you never know what stuff will bring on a particular day. My thoughts of this though, is that I suspect prices will be pretty low as there's mostly random sheet metal with an odd treasure mixed in. I doubt it will be attended by many people so prices might be great for buying.

P.s. the guy also has another video on youtube of the same place showing another part of a 33/4 4dr sedan there. Also a 30/1 model a coupe. Good luck to all. Please report back.

Stogy likes this.
  14. Lucky guy - Have fun!

Stogy likes this.
  15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

WOW! the amount of T parts and old guns would be an amazing draw to go see

Stogy likes this.
  16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see the chance of a number of people with specific and narrow interests showing up to bid on certain things. Your friend may have to bid on that shed full of stuff to get the traps to be able to sort though them and save the keepers for his collection though.
    Several of the guns should bring some serious money but without them being cataloged so prospective bidders know what they are looking at someone will probably get some bargain.

I'd think the guys who might make out off that auction are the ones who decide to buy a shed full of stuff to get one or two specific items and then have guys offer to buy certain items that they really weren't interesting to them in the lot. You will have to outbid the scrap dealers on a lot of those cars if you want them though.

stanlow69 and Stogy like this.
  17. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

scrap isnt worth buying right now

Budget36 and Stogy like this.
  18. little red 50

little red 50

About 6 miles east from me and I've never seen it either. And in my business I've probably been by there 100 times. Need to start paying better attention. It must be off the road and with all the trees hidden pretty good.

Stogy likes this.
  19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, back from the road in the trees.
    Open the auction link in my previous post and see the listing for the property. It has an aerial drone shot of the property.
    Nice looking wide open country you and WB 69 hail from.

little red 50 likes this.
  20. little red 50

little red 50

That aerial shot on that auction site you posted is of a different property up for auction. We do have a lot of nice open country in Kansas but that particular area of that auction site is in the walnut river valley and is very wooded. For Kansas anyway. Thanks for that link.

21. Collector gun prices vary so much they can be a risk investing in. We disposed of my father in laws collection and while some were very valuable in the past some of the ones he valued most dropped drastically in collectability and the prices they once commanded. You have to be very knowledgeable and up to date on firearms of the collectible class or you can be burned bad. The run of the mill Rugers he didn't put any stock in were worth alot more than his collectible Remington's and that shocked me when we went researching prices.

The37Kid likes this.
  22. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

With all those brass radiators and brass gewgaws hanging around, that "Abandoned Farmstead" wasn't abandoned long.

I must have missed the guns.