Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool Story, Cool Hot Rod!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Jan 10, 2021.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Short video...cool build!

2. Runs around with his kid NOT belted in . SHAME SHAME !

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

did good with build - agree that his top priority should be safety for Son - so, this Custom Car Channel is on You Tube?

4. A Boner

A Boner

Well, at least he is on a rural road and not on the freeway with a bunch of soccer mom NASCAR wannabes!

jim32 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Sorry thats NO excuse NOT to be Safe.

As they say SHIT/STO0PIDITY HAPPENS. And that can be at any time.

Fortunateson likes this.
  6. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I really Like his creativity and building skills to create a road worthy hot rod in todays economy at a reasonable co$t.
    I think this is an excellent example to all first time rodders of what can be achieved with creativity.
    Thanks to A Boner for sharing this story!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

I liked the build too, seatbelt for the kid should be next. Bob

8. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story. I built a 34 pickup some years ago that was very similar.....wish I still had it.

9. Kind of reminds me of the first 30 years of my life. Seat belts? Those are in airplanes. Why would you want one in a car?

10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

The one thing Youtubers don't get is that law enforcement watches these videos also. There have been a few that have been charged with crimes including child endangerment.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Luke stone

Luke stone

I’m glad someone thinks the same as me. Lots of people look at me strange when I won’t take my lad in my Willys because of no belts
    Luke

12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno...I can't argue that it IS a well built hot rod. BUT, it has a little too much of that rat rod "shock" for me...too low, too loud, sparse interior, suicide front axle etc. Just because you use a bunch of vintage parts, it doesn't make it a "tradional" hot rod.
    And I don't recall seeing many (any) old pics of this style "phone booth" pickups running the dry lakes/Bonneville...or on the street for that matter.

Again, nicely built Rod...just a little too rat roddy, and a confusing concept. JMHO.

13. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

He was cruising with his left arm on the door...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No seat belt for at least the passenger?! No worries as they would most likelily get ejected and land on something hard incurring serious injury of even death. I don't get these "hard core" guys who build stuff they think is traditional and is really an interpretation of traditional with the more over the top look the better.

hotrodjack33 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Actually, he's cruising the I-15 Frontage Rd. It's a very busy area for traffic and Lake Elsinore is a busy place with gnarly traffic. He knows that he would have got the big seat belt ticket if he was pulled over.
    It's really growing out there. Has been very developed for 40 years and is still going on with no end in sight.
    I wonder if he cruises the Grand Ave. circle and heads over to the Tom's Farms?
    I'd like to see it on the road.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. A Boner

A Boner

Gnarly traffic...another reason not to live there!

17. Fordors

Fordors

....too low, too loud, sparse interior, suicide front axle, etc.
    I think you just described the Ardun powered T Cotton Werksman built decades ago.

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly what I was trying to convey in my previous post...only you said it a LOT BETTER;)

19. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I want to encourage younger first time builders. Yes the belts should be in there, but please lets encourage this rodder with guidance, he is where we were 30, 40, or in my case 5o+ years ago. I just wish I lived closer to him to tell him how proud I am of his first build.

20. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet