Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nailhead water crossover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desotot, Jan 9, 2021.

1. desotot

desotot

I want to reinstall my water crossover on my 65 425 nailhead but I dont have the rubber seal that goes on the bottom and my O ring kit doesn't have any thing close to the size I need. Can I use a 3/8 " long piece of 3/4 " heater hose? Or maybe someone out there has come up with a better solution. I really don't want to buy a complete engine rebuild gasket set to get that one piece. Thanks Jack

2. desotot

desotot

3. brading

brading

Try your local Hydraulic hose supplier they normally have a range of "O" sizes.

desotot likes this.
  4. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

5. desotot

desotot

Yes Dan, thats the one, guess I will try a few more places, maybe like brading suggests a hydraulic place.

6. try russ @www.centervilleauto.com

Hamtown Al and desotot like this.
  7. Ort

I am in Santa Cruz CA and have a Hydraulic repair bis. You can order any size and quanity from this company :TRI-C Machine in Sacramento, CA===916-371-8090 ask for Mel. Most likely your area has a similar place.

Hamtown Al and desotot like this.
  8. desotot

desotot

Thanks hidze57. Russ has been very helpful with tech info but isn't interested in shipping to Canada.

9. desotot

desotot

Tanks Ort, I will check at the local tractor dealership and see if they have one.

10. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Easy way , buy the size and type of O-ring material you need on Amazon, cut to proper length, superglue together and wala you got it.

11. swifty

swifty

Russ Martin at Centerville Auto is your Nailhead expert and parts supplier for these engines and he will have what you need. Have you got a mate in the US that it can be shipped to then he can on- ship it to you.
    I bought a heap of Nailhead gaskets from Rock Auto when they were having an old stock clear-out and it included separate gasket sets for valley cover, intake, exhaust, rocker cover, sump, water pump and I ordered 4 thermostat housing gaskets. When they turned up it was 4 off 3" square pieces of jointing material!
    All the gaskets were Felpro brand and if you check on their site they will probably have what you need,

12. egads

egads

It's spelled " Voila ";);)

13. iafraser39

iafraser39
    from Warmland

Get the set from Russ Martin. The knock offs for the ports and the nipple area
    don't seal correctly as the gaskets are too thin.