Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD SOLD 1929 Ford Tudor Survivor SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Mark Jenny, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

City: carthage

State: Missouri
    Price: 20k firm
    This 29 sedan hot rod has survived since the 50's...it was sold in the November 1962 issue of Hot Rod Magazine to a guy in Fresno CA...the car came from Santa Barbara CA according to the ad....I bought it from the owners friend who had it for a very short time...nothing was done to it while he owned the car...it was driven until 1966 then parked...never put back on the street again...it has all 1956 Vette running gear with the 265 dual quad motor...3 speed trans...vette rear end.
    The running gear was still in good shape, so after changing out the fluids and replacing all the rubber hoses which had rotted, and some misc electrical parts, it was running again, still sporting the dual exhaust and mufflers that had been all it all those years!...As far as the other running gear, we rebuilt all the brakes including the master cylinder. .all new wheel bearings.. all new front end parts ,axle spring, perches, king pins etc. .I left the steering box alone, it still seems fine...we also put in a new rear spring with reverse eyes.
    The roof wood was rotted in the header and had some iffy bows, so I put a brand new wood kit in the roof, along with new off white vinyl top and redid the running boards in the same colored pleates...
    The interior was ok, but the material was giving out and the headliner was torn, so I had all new interior put in...the dash and window garnish are still in the original chrome that was done in the 50's...there is some pitting, but it fits the car...it has the vintage Crager steering wheel from the late 50's..
    The body/paint are in pretty nice shape considering..there is some cancer around the bottomsof the front cowl area, it looks like that sheetmetal can be replaced pretty easily . the passenger front fender and door need repainting ,but I left them alone because I like that sort of thing...true patina!..the color is Corvette Roman Red done in the 50's when the car was built, and I polished back some of the original luster...it looks cool...
    The first couple pics is the for sale ad from the November 1962 Hot Rod Magazine...I have a copy of the magazine and it will go with the car as well as the 1966 CA license plate.....I have the full hood ,and front bumper, but left them off because I prefer this look
    Some of the pics are what it looked like when it arrived at my shop ,then some of the pics are of how it is now...I have pics of the progress as I did the work that I can email any interested party ,or there is a good build thread here on the HAMB that has all that info as well...I will post a link to it...the build thread link also has a few videos of the car running...
    Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, I will do my best to answer them honestly......Will consider part trade part cash...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/another-survivor-surfaces.1142408/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

3. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

4. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

5. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

6. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny