Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Will '60-62 and '63-64 Ford Dashes swap?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Steve, Jan 3, 2021.

1. I'm reasonable sure they do, but just wondering if anybody actually knows? Same basic body shell after all...

'60 through '62 dash is basically the same, just trim variations, the '63-64 instrument cluster is markedly different and better looking IMO.

2. If you dont get a definitive answer, check to the see if the same model windshields interchange for the years. Then the shape of the windshield is at lease the same.
    Maybe find a post where someone as take one out for restoration so you can see where the mount tabs are to compare back and forth. also maybe ask for measurements from people working on them.

3. This is reaching way back when I worked in a body shop in high school and helped put in a lot of windshields and back glasses (used to see a lot of back glasses that shattered from heat in the summer), but I believe the '60-'64 windshield is the same. What year body do you have and what year dash are you considering putting in it?

4. I've got a '60 that somebody butchered the dash all to hell for a stereo, I'd like to swap to a '63-64 seeing how it has to come out anyway. What I'd really like to find is a '63-64 Mercury dash, but all I find there are parts....

The glass parts numbers I can find are different, but that doesn't give the differences. There were roof line changes between the years, it's the cowl differences that matter here.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021

5. Pontmerc

Pontmerc
    from Finland

Im pretty sure they swap.
    Now, if you look 62 Mercury.convertible, its got 60-62 ford style windshield.
    And then look 62 mercury 2d ht, its 63-64 style.