Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wasted day....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sonofabob, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Well, not totally wasted. So I worked in my garage in town for most of the morning. Mostly cleaning and putting the skin back on the dirt champ car. Organized tools and other busy work. Got home (live in the county) walked the dog for a bit and thought well shit. I could have taken out my roadster today! In N.E. Kansas 50 degree days are not often this time of year. I'm going to do everything I can to get it out tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime I'll just play on the hamb.

Deuces, Tim, stillrunners and 3 others like this.
  2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

You did a good job...
    [​IMG]

54vicky, Deuces, blowby and 6 others like this.
  3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I rolled my gasser out of the garage and finished bolting in the new front seats. Then since it was dry and 50 here also, I took it for a short drive before rolling back into the garage and putting it back on the trickle charger. Supposed to rain for as far as they can forecast here, so figured I better take advantage while I can!

Sonofabob likes this.
  4. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff there!

5. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

It'll be 50ish again tomorrow so I'll get it out tomorrow. Wednesday 53 so maybe two days in a row. Then it gets cold again for a bit.

Tim likes this.
  6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a wasted day is when you decide to take your extra car for a spin to charge up the battery and circulate the fluids and don't bring any keys to get back in my place. had to go to Home Depot and buy a hammer and a pry bar to break in.

the worst part is prying the door open was as fast as using the key. don't tell anyone. I have a super duper steel door and a crappy sheetmetal doorjamb.

7. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I wasted the day outside (low 30s) trying to get my late model pick up to fire, I should be in the warm garage putting my gto motor together. I can’t push the truck up hill to the garage and it’s covered in snow, don’t need that melting all over.

Sonofabob likes this.
  8. BJR

BJR

I plowed snow at my farm in Wisconsin with my 52 Willys CJ3A Jeep. Then went cross country skiing. Back home in St Paul MN now.

9. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Am I the Only one that can do it with a decent bottle of bourbon... Note Made.. h-hee
    Note: Western NY, it's shitty here till may at best...
    Pss: results are the same with cheap bourbon as well...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Baumi, vtx1800, Bandit Billy and 3 others like this.
  10. High test 63

High test 63

Heh heh heh! Rainy cold and shitty here too. Drank fancy beer, made deer jerky, ground up some deer meat and watched the Steelers get beat...

stillrunners and Sonofabob like this.
  11. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

How about some pics of the champ car ?

12. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

It's ot. I would be happy to pm to you though

13. Gottcha - worked on my old Casa of 40 yrs - still have stuff to get out and trash. Put two hot water heaters(it's a duplex) - an old compressor on wheels and a small fridge on the curb. I'm not all that fast but every time I took something out to the curb - the last thing was gone. Gotta luv it !

Sonofabob likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

not a wasted day here...sold my 58 GMC bus, after sitting for five years and nothing happening on it.

And hauled Almost Funny to our new home. But it's still not running.

15. changed a starter on my Harley, only to find out you need to remove half the drivetrain to modify things, custombikes, ugh! never again, I still need a special bushing made up.

Burnt out the starter on 57 a few days ago, pulled it in about 30mins, found a replacement and when back in again in about 30 mins. Cleaned up the old Edelbrock 1406 and tuned a bit. That was a more productive day!

Sonofabob and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Painted the bathroom, and watched the Cheifs get their ass's handed to them... pretty much a waisted day

Sonofabob and abe lugo like this.
  17. gene-koning

gene-koning

I supervised as my grandson and his buddies pull the motor out of the one friends OT Jeep this afternoon. The guys were happy because I let them use my engine hoist and the driveway outside of my garage to pull the motor. They had no other option. The outside temp was around 24 degrees.

Next weekend they want to pull the motor out of a different OT jeep and put that motor into the Jeep they pulled the motor out of today.

We have made arrangements to get my 49 Dodge pickup project out of the garage and let them pull the 2nd motor while inside my heated garage. The garage doesn't have a tall enough ceiling to actually pull the motor, but they can get it ready, push the Jeep out to lift the motor, swing it around, and set it in its new home. Then we will swap the positions of the two Jeeps, and they can finish the install in my garage.

Even though I didn't help much and it was cold for this old man, it was fun watching these 3 twenty year old guys actually working on something. Two of the 3 are actually working at local car dealerships as training mechanics. Gene

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wasted day! Still dealing with a fractured ankle...can't do much. Stared longingly out the window:( The day was kind of doomed from the start...tomorrow doesn't look any better:(

Sonofabob and abe lugo like this.
  19. dwollam

dwollam

I had a great day! Finally after nearly 4 years I fired up the old Hemi engine in my '33 Plymouth Coupe and gingerly drove it around the property several laps. Even learned to make a YouTube video of it and posted it on my build page!

Dave

Sonofabob and Budget36 like this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

giphy (2).gif

hotrodjack33 and Sonofabob like this.
  21. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Woke up this morning. That makes it a good day!
    Fixed a switch on my snowblower. It's winter here, got to have that working.
    Looked at the "Whatever" project, turned around and went back inside. Oh well, I'm not procrastinating, there's always tomorrow for that.