Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Swap-O-Rama Tulare, October 2, 2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sanford&Son, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

I believe he may be referring to our Governors last mandate, I don’t know the specifics and even if I did I wouldn’t go into it here.

Google would probably tell you the scoop

2. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

We are working with local county health department requirements, we designed our swap layout with spaces large enough to social distance (all spaces are 20'x40'), Mask will be required to enter grounds for Vendors/Attendee's, hand sanitizer stations available.

tofords likes this.
  3. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

We are working with local county health department. Our spaces are large 20'x40' to practice social distancing, all vendors and attendees will require a mask, hand sanitizer stations will be available.
    Thanks!

Irish Mike and Budget36 like this.
  4. basicbob

basicbob

Mapquest shows 2009 miles & one day 4hr drive. I’ll come a few days early just to enjoy Calif.

Thank you for putting a 2021 swap meet on!

Bob

5. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Thanks Bob, We also put on the World Ag Expo. Unfortunately we were unable to move forward with that event in February. I happen to be one of the only car guys in our building that has been a vendor and have attended swap-meets since I was a kid! After hearing the cancellation of two major swap-meets in Northern & Southern California, I was able to put it together in a short time with the help of our great staff. Our long term goal is to have at least 2 "Swap-O-Rama's" a year (Spring & Fall). I appreciate everyone's support locally, across the country and all the HAMBers on here!
    Respectfully, Jim aka "Sanford & Son".

6. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

7. lake_harley

lake_harley

Since you have a bus (your avitar) are you taking passengers?:D

Lynn

8. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Basic Bob, Bring em' all!

9. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Several calls we have had on lodging, we have preferred hotels on our site Best Western & Fairfield Inn are both about 4 miles away. The Fairfield has been fully remodeled and is very nicely done. There are several hotels in the same area too, and also 15 minutes north in Visalia at the 198 exit (Wyndham/Residence Inn) and South in Delano
    30 minutes away Hyatt Place.
    Happy New Year!
    Jim, AKA Sanford & Son

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  10. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

Can I park RV in vendor space?

11. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

All spaces are 20'x40', if it fits in your space you are good to park it.
    Thx, look forward to seeing you there!

12. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

All spaces are 20'x40', if your RV fits in your space you are good to go!
    See you there!

13. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Updated list of venders?

14. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Hello Impala 59, Map should be updated on Monday January 4th. We've had a couple people out of office with the holidays.
    Have a great week!

impala59 likes this.
  15. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Tulare SWAP-O-RAMA Postponement Announcement
    After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the Tulare Swap-O-Rama and reschedule it for May 1, 2021.

Rescheduling the event will enable us to provide the experience that our attendees, partners, and employees expect and deserve in a safe environment.

We will return money to vendors that have pre-paid for swap spaces or hold money for spaces for the new date of May 1, 2021.

We remain excited to host you later this year and will get back to you with more information about our plans in the coming weeks.

For more information, please contact 559.688.1030 or call Jim 559.837.9007 aka Sanford & Son

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

better to be cautious

17. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Understandable

18. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Changed the calendar to May 1st. Hopefully when things finally open up there won't be any conflicting dates.

Budget36 likes this.
  19. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Hello All,
    Regarding our new date of May 1st 2021, I wanted to let you know that I have been in conversation with swap meet vendors that are attending our Swap-O-Rama on May 1, and heading to the Turlock Spring Swap-Meet on Sunday May 2nd (2.5 hours) north of Tulare on Freeway 99 too. 2 swap-meets in one weekend!

20. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought I read somewhere that there was a conflict with the May 1st date and it was changed to April 24th?

21. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

There was a conflict, but we worked it out with our friends to the north in Turlock. They have their Spring Swap-Meet on Sunday May 2nd. We found that several of our Swap Vendors, planned on leaving trailers loaded and heading to Turlock from Tulare.
    Now that we have more time, we plan on having a few extra things to offer for our attendee's. We plan on having some Motorsports interviews with local racers on our balcony, that overlooks the swap area. Shirley Shahan is one of our volunteers aka "Drag-On Lady", the first women to win an NHRA event, also personal friend Brian Blain "Blain Motorsports" (see YouTube / Hagerty - Why I Drive, Saving 100 year old race cars from life in a museum). We may be able to put together a vintage racing exhibition? Talking to Brian next week about that. Brian is also on the Cover of Hot Rod Deluxe with his yellow bucket at TROG March 2017 issue. Maybe have that car onsite to see too, and a few other surprises! Having more time and better weather will really add to Swap-O-Rama in May!
    Thanks for your interest in Swap-O-Rama! Jim aka Sanford & Son

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Crystal, in our office is taking reservations for the New Date May 1, 2021! Go online and see map and info!
    www.internationalagricenter.com then click events!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  23. Budget36

Budget36

You should update the thread title as well

Edit: Maybe a typo? June 1 is a Tuesday.

24. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Ooops thanks for catching that!

25. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Confused (as usual). So is the meet still on for May 1, 2021 or has it been postponed to another date?

26. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

It is May 1st! thx

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  27. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

NEW ADDITION TO SWAP-O-RAMA!
    Working with the Horseless Carriage Club members to host a Pre-War Brass Era Swap-Meet at Swap-O-Rama. With the recent cancellation of the Bakersfield Swap-Meet that has been around for decades, we have decided to dedicate a Pre-War Area (200 swap spaces) adjacent to our Swap-O-Rama spaces. The HCC-Brass Era swap-meet was going to come to an end in 2021, we are going to do our best to keep it alive on the International Agri-Center grounds on May 1st, 2021. We will have more information on our website next week, I attached a picture of the Pre-War area to give interested vendors a snap-shot. Invitations to previous swappers will go out next week.
    Pre-War Vendor Map.jpg

Attached Files:

28. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Spaces in newly added "Pre-War" Area are really starting to move, these Horseless Carriage guys are serious swappers! go to www.internationalagricenter.com to see the Pre-War Map.
    I will be at the Selma Auto Swap on Saturday March 20th (Space A-20), promoting Swap-O-Rama for May 1st, 2021.
    Stop by and say Hi!
    Jim

29. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

NEW ADDITION TO SWAP-O-RAMA!
    Working with the Horseless Carriage Club members to host a Pre-War Brass Era Swap-Meet at Swap-O-Rama. With the recent cancellation of the Bakersfield Swap-Meet that has been around for decades, we have decided to dedicate a Pre-War Area (200 swap spaces) adjacent to our Swap-O-Rama spaces. The HCC-Brass Era swap-meet was going to come to an end in 2021, we are going to do our best to keep it alive on the International Agri-Center grounds on May 1st, 2021. We will have more information on our website www.internationalagricenter.com.

30. Muttley

Muttley

OK, so what's going on with the virus stuff now?