Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Are you a member of a car club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Yes, one of the founding members of Delaware Street Rods. We started in 1973. Dave Bell did our artwork. Club is made up of members that drive their rides and don't mind doing their share. Our annual show donates proceeds to local charities.

DSR Logo.jpg

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Timing?,an who ?
    In the 1950s* as a teen,I joined a hot rod n custom car club('s)=more then one.
    That had what I thought were cool guys=that talked well to teens(me), an had cool cars= I wanted to know things. "There was zero inter net"the clubs were the place to go,if it had the right guys.
    The mags had some info,but nothing is as good as asking "Q" off some one you know!!!
    Road Rebels CC,Road Staints CC, Miami ,Fla. ,Scavenger CC Coconut Grove EST 1959< 5 members left now, < all late 1950s in to 60s n on ,then newer ;Procrastinators CC. ,an now https://hotrodlegends.weebly.com/
    Road Rebels had already been around a number of years before I joined ,had our own club's garage with clubs tools,so members could use welder,sander an paint stuff ect. plus smart older guys that didn't mind "Q"s*****.
    I had something to offer back then too,I pinstriped an painted names an could draw idea's out..
    With the WWW now to get info ,there is less need an maybe why I don't see many of the type CC's,, I like,that I had starting out in the 50s.
    In a way HAMB fills some of the gap's,Thanks Ryan. and each that add good stuff. 015.JPG

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. Photogs189

Photogs189

I'm a member of Classic Nights Car Club of Monroe, Ct.

Established Nov. 1984 and been a member since the beginning.

http:/'/www.classicnights/com

hotrodjack33, Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  4. .....No pictures?

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  5. astep

astep
    from central ca

over the hill gang, Sacramento chapter

hotrodjack33, Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  6. 48stude

48stude

We had donated to local charities with prophets from our car shows, but we quit having shows in 2018 due to lack of club participation. I hang with a bunch of guys that have known each other for eons, we jokingly refer to ourselves as Road Kings just for fun. Bill
    P1020790.JPG

7. The let someone else do all the work philosophy, doesn't only apply to car clubs, but it applies to all volunteer foundations. I have been involved in several organizations where as a member of the executive, we (the executive) were the planners, and the workers, that kept the organization together.
    I was the vice president of a cancer education foundation for over 20 years, where there were over three thousand members, and yet the executive did all the organizing and most of the leg work, from taking care of the daily issues to organizing conferences.
    The only reason that a person can stay involved with an organization, is to see the good that is done by their involvement in the group, and feel that the contribution they are making is worthwhile.
    My experience has been, that the majority of the people who join a voluntary organization, are there to support the group, but are there to just ride along.
    Some of these people support the group by making financial contributions, or by showing up to do some work during the work parties, but whether the group succeeds or fails, is on the executive.
    A person getting involved in a group, should be aware of those facts up front.
    Bob

Oldb, chryslerfan55, trollst and 3 others like this.
  8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

9. brading

brading

DSCF2101.JPG I am a member of the Kings Lynn Kruisers. The car in the logo is a Skoda which possibly is a name you have not heard of that side of the pond. It was a Czechoslovakian company but now is part of VW

Attached Files:

10. clem

clem

had to look up the meaning of bravo sierra........:)

here in New Zealand, if you want to run fenderless, you have to belong to a club for two years, be affiliated to the National governing body, and attend so many affiliated events in a year.
    I don’t belong to any of the above, so I have to have fenders on my car.
    Nothing to do with SAFETY..........obviously !
    Australia has tougher rules.

11. brading

brading

^ Sounds like who ever invent those rules could to get fenderless rods totally banned but made it such a pain in the arse that a lot of guys would not bother.

Deuces likes this.
  12. This club has been around since before I was driving. Several cousins were original members. I have been grandfathered in. They still exist. Original Members!
    br01-1957[1].jpg
    Black Road.jpg
    some of their cars!
    herold100.jpg Joe Boccuzzi1.jpg Ted's Coupe_0003.jpg bogie.jpg P1030565_small.jpg georges50.jpg Me Now!
    IMG_6642.JPG

13. goldmountain

goldmountain

I joined a car club a long time ago. At the annual meeting where you elect the officers, no one wanted to be the secretary, so I volunteered. No one wanted to be treasurer either, so they stuck me with being secretary-treasurer. I stuck it out, managed not to squander the money and got out of it. I designed a new club plaque and the club got O'Brian Truckers to cast it and I'm happy with that. They have since reverted back to the old club plaque design from 1961 and I'm O.K. with that too.

Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Twin City Idlers out of Stanwood, WA. The plaque is out in the shop and I'm too tired to walk back out there and take a picture.

Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.
  15. chop&drop

chop&drop

A964ED60-8ABA-48A2-BEF1-F01276AA8FA1.jpeg
    Deuce club. Been around about 45 years. A964ED60-8ABA-48A2-BEF1-F01276AA8FA1.jpeg

Lil 32, j-jock, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope. But I came up with a name "The Priors". Arrest record optional. There would have to be an inner circle, blood oath kind of thing called the "The Priory" . Cool.

Deuces likes this.
  17. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

My new club AtomicRocketscc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. trollst

trollst

Clubs are funny things, in my little town, there are 50 ish cars, ALL of them want a club. So....several of us went through the time to organize one, created a web page, held a couple meetings, and two of us put on the local show.
    Later, most had excuses for missing meetings, or not being able to help with the show, even on show day, getting elected to positions, so, finally, some years later, two of us put on the local show. Just like it was in the beginning.
    Princeton Cruisers, a club in name only.

chryslerfan55 and j3harleys like this.
  19. 55Belairman

55Belairman

I am a member of the Woodward Tri Five Cruisers. I joined in 2019, and attended many events. In 2020, they had no events. Looking forward to 2021, maybe restrictions will be lifted, and we can have some fun again. 4432074_orig (2).jpg

20. We have between 12 and 15 active members and one Charter member still very active.

Like many clubs we have had a influx of members at one time or another, most were short lived and they were the kind of guys that jumped from one activity to another, flavor of the month deal.

The original core group members have dwindled down to 4 that have been involved with the club since the early years, all the members are long time fixtures, we have tragically lost quiet a few members over the years that were as dedicated and participated in all the activities.

2022 will mark out 50th anniversary and I notice in reading the replies several clubs will be doing the same thing in the next few years, I am glad to see the longevity that other Hot Rod & Custom guys put in the effort to keep their clubs alive and going when many people opt out.

Car clubs have always been traditional! HRP

21. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I've known Scott and Lisa for years, things changed after Omar and Charlie Karst died, there a
    I've known Scott and Lisa for years, they are great people and were partof the EL DORODDERS when I moved up here in the seventies.

22. Mike

Mike

I am a member of the following:

Bean Bandits Racing Team, San Diego
    San Diego Raodster Club, San Diego
    Rattlers Car Club, Phoenix
    National Woodie Club

hotrodjack33, Deuces and Jalopy Joker like this.
  23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really? I'm curious as to what the car club plaque looks like.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and j3harleys like this.
  24. LOL the HAMB aint no club, its a movement. :D

It looks like the plaque for the Dangling Tenderloins only upside down. :D

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Your Avatar !!

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. 20% of the members, do 80% of the work, 100% of the time. That's how it's always gonna be. I seen a club that would get together once a month at one of the members shop. Hang out, drink a beer, help each other work in their cars, etc ... I'd like to have something like that around here

27. scoop

scoop

Bingo!!

28. grey49ghost

grey49ghost

A club I've been involved in the last few years. A no b.s. no drama and no ego club with a common goal of traditional hot rods and customs. 20210101_223801.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N986U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app