Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures American Graffiti Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Nice to share the pics...Looks like the steering wheel could use some attention this car definately shows best driving or sitting in the evening light...

Would I restore the wheel...sure, store the unbolted in a safe place...for provenance...

chevy57dude and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. I know most people don't have anything to do with movies or film making, but there is a difference between a real thing and a movie prop. There is a difference between a movie prop and a real world car. That Merc is a prop that served its purpose, nothing more.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Completely Hamb Friendly at that...Imperfection and all...;)

4. Budget36

Budget36

That pic was taken (by the looks of it) at the old downtown A&W, been a while since I passed by, but thinking G street maybe? around 12th/-14th?

Edit:, well hell, should have just looked at the banner closer...mercy....

chryslerfan55, Stogy and NHBandit like this.
  5. Exactly why. They mention that in our club description.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. LOL. Yep. They still meet there every Friday night.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have read the document, thank you...that did answer my question without a doubt...it's been quite some time since I've saw AG but many of the Vehicles have intrigued me and my discussion of what was or wasn't right is based on critique from those that were there in 62...There are many Threads on AG and CK and it seems as the more Hollywood moves away from 1965 the more those in the Know here will be critical of what is presented...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  8. rpm56

rpm56

You know Gil Gonzales?

9. Mike

Mike

No, but I know Toby Juarez.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Slddnmatt was contacted by who ever owns it now, a few years ago about redoing it. Maybe he'll chime in and share whet he knows. I took pics of the awesome clone that was built, that was at the Merc Gathering, back in 09. I know Rik Hoving has a bunch of pics from that show.

51 mercules and Stogy like this.