Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Whats the best glue for chopped windshield rubber?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptruck, Dec 28, 2020.

1. choptruck

choptruck

I need to glue alot of window rubber coming up soon on two seperate cars and the last time I wasnt really happy with the glue I used. So now I'm asking anyone thats in the know whats best. Im looking for real testimonials here, not just guesses or opinioins on what would work best. Thanks in advance!

2. BJR

BJR

I use super glue with good results.

3. Diavolo

Diavolo

Of course I'm not giving you a real testimonial but it's pretty common practice to glue rubber with cyanoacetate (superglue) when making seals in the field. I use it a lot on o-rings, especially ones that have swelled in gasoline and have to be cut to fit. No leaks. I cut and rejoin straight lines and keep the preformed corners and turns.

4. getow

getow

I had to cut down da rubber for my rear window. Superglue worked great and still there. I would definitely recommend it. It worked.

5. Squablow

Squablow

Q-bond is insane good at gluing rubber together. The guy at my auto parts store demonstrated it for me once, he cut a big O-ring in half and glued it back together, handed it to me and I could not pull it apart. I was really impressed. Expensive shit, a little bottle is like $25 but the stuff works. I've had mixed results with Super Glue.

stillrunners and Kan Kustom like this.
  6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have not heard of this stuff. Thanks for your reply.

8. choptruck

choptruck

Thanks for the results! Just in time too.