Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Are you driving your hot rod or custom to Holiday & new years party's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 23, 2020.

1. No way! I ain't driving anywhere in this cold. In the 20s here too. When its in the 20s in the deep south, you can really feel it. After 30 years as a mailman I tend to want to stay indoors where its warm in winter.

ladyhrp, Deuces, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  2. I did all my traveling yesterday when I visited my sister in the North Carolina mountains and drove back home in some snow, fortunately we avoided the heavy stuff.

Don, like you I'm staying inside today, it's not suppose to get above freezing today and I have a big roaring fire going. HRP

3. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Looks like it's gonna be nice enough today I'm thinking a few miles wouldn't hurt a thing. Great way to remember Dad on this Christmas Day by taking his car on a little drive.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Me too Don! 34 years riding is a good warm semi truck cab, I don't get out in the cold unless I have too! Think it was about 24* here this morning, supposed to be 15* in the morning. Not planning on driving my junk, well, my Linc is still apart and her FBird is under a cover in the garage, so I'm not uncovering it. Too cold to wash the dust off anyway! We're going to my Mom's in a few minutes, we'll take the wife's Expy....

5. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

As you guys that were born and raised in the South say I ain't going out in that.

I have lived he long enough to know how you guys feel.:)

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Took my wife out for coffee 132653243_1767684840063521_7779089406419284036_n.jpg Christmas Eve,:)

7. tofords

tofords

No shows in Ca. I do a 25 mile drive to Fillmore,Ca for coffee and cars every Saturday morning DlqUQ9HHRYCil7EAbPSU1A.jpg X+PDW1i%S16SqhA76ZqxtA.jpg 8MJSkYm6Req+oW%k+NPsIA.jpg put on by the Faders c.c. of Fillmore.

8. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

I drove my truck like this most of the month, parked it at a few events so people could take photos with it and we drove it around today.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny,have you heard anything about the annual chili fest at Allens place. I will drive there if it doesn't get cancelled like everything else.

ladyhrp, Deuces, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  10. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Took the pickup to my daughters on Christmas eve and got a pic with the grand hooligans. Temp was in the 20's so real happy the heater worked good. Wife was happy also!

Attached Files:

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  11. I haven't seen anything in the V8 Club news letter, nor heard anything from Allen.

We have a few more weeks and as you know it's always outside and generally colder than a well diggers middle knee, but all the different kinds of HOT chili all keep you from freezing to death.:D HRP

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and Deuces like this.
  12. I just sent Allen a email asking him to keep me in the loop. HRP

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Planning on a New Year’s Day 2021 cruise [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  14. John, I heard back from Allen and the Chili party is still on but he said he would send out a email on a couple of weeks to confirm it. HRP

15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-12-27_4-27-25.png
    Hello,

Our 2nd 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery was a workhorse during the times we owned it and drove it all over. It never faltered after we were able to repair a ton of stuff and make it road worthy and safe. Since there were just two of us, any big items would be transported in the back of the sedan delivery. Trees, plants, presents and photo equipment were the mainstays. My photo equipment had its own aircraft, nylon safety belt to lock it in place during the drives.

For every Christmas big, extended family gatherings with my wife's relatives, we drove the Sedan Delivery because it had A/C. In December, some days were like Summer’s mild weather, calling for the A/C to be turned on during the road trip. Also, there were more presents and other gifts to store in the back. It was like the namesake, a Sedan Delivery. We were the “on the road” Santa Claus’s Helpers.

Jnaki

We had to live through constant jokes about driving a “delivery” wagon/truck. But, those other family members had no inkling about hot rods and builds. For them, cars were to get them from Point A to work or school. For us, it opened up a whole world of cool road trips and vacations. Add in the photo business and it paid for itself many times over.

We were sad to see it go when our family expanded by one. Now, a station wagon with access to the back seat/supplies was called for and it made those trips very handy. So for a while, hot rods took a back seat, concentrating on creating a great family environment. Since those early 20s-30s days, we have always had fast sporty type cars with plenty of room for the whole family and stuff. Only during one gas crisis, a station wagon was traded in for a small sedan that got almost 30 mph, but was as slow as a snail running away from a salt mound.

16. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I drove the coupe this morn for coffee, damn it felt good and not much traffic.

[​IMG]

i.rant, Lil32, CME1 and 6 others like this.
  17. Anyone driving in any New Years parades? HRP

18. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Thanks man, I will be driving one of my cars to the chili party,I hope it's not as cold as last year I froze my ass off.

HOTRODPRIMER and ladyhrp like this.
  19. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

John, it was cold last year but about 10 years ago it started snowing about the time we got to Easley but we decided to stay, we ate lunch and then headed home.

We drove to 1964 Falcon and thank goodness we had a heater.

HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Weather report for New Years here is rain, rain, and more rain! So since I needed to back the '39 out today to make room in the front of the shop to do a welding project, I finished up and then took it for another spin. A rare winter day in the high 40's and clear as can be! It was nice to sneak in one more drive before the end of the year!

21. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Holidays will be over by the time I dig out!! IMG_2547[3133].jpg

22. Holy Cow!, you guys that live in areas where the snow is that deep amaze me, Being born and raised in the South snow is something rarely seen and when it is it just a few inches. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  23. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Like 1971BB427 mentioned, The monsoon is moving in just in time for New Years here in NW Oregon. Good thing I don't go anywhere for New Years anyway. I'll be spending it here at the house with my wife and mom. (and cats and dog)

Deuces, D type and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Squisbait

Squisbait

My daily is technically a hot rod and I drive it everywhere but its too new so its O/T.

Deuces likes this.
  25. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

For all you guys driving and attending gatherings this season I hope you take all the precautions called for....if you don't you may not be aroun for more fantastic cruises in the future!
    Up here our club had about ten members due the annual Boxing Day run. A lot of members are taking Covid 19 seriously, I hope all of you are. Temporary pain for future gain. I'm still plugging away on my project but lost my heat so too cold to do final painting!

jimbanner, D type and Deuces like this.
  26. Lil32

Lil32

no,not now as rain is predicted

27. There's a run Sunday am, but weather is looking rainy as Lil32 said.
    It's been trying to rain all day so I mowed this morning while I had the chance. Mowing is about every 5 days this time of year.:mad:

I just went to the fish market and got some more of these
    [​IMG]

28. Lil32

Lil32

could be Greg"s first wet coffee run

29. He's had others.;)