Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Small Pleasures of a Home Hotrod Builder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anothercarguy, Dec 13, 2019.

1. goldmountain

goldmountain

Many of the skills that we have acquired as a result of our hobby come in handy in other aspects of our life. Yesterday was Christmas and I awoke to the sound of tiny pitter patter and it wasn't reindeer landing. The plumbing in my 80 year old Hamb appropriate house had developed a leak at a "T" fitting. It wouldn't budge when I put a pipe wrench on it so I went to the garage and got a visegrip to clamp on the pipe to prevent it from twisting and screwed a clamp around the visegrip to the wooden beam. Got my wife to help push on the pipewrench and the thing broke loose. Just a great moment when it all came together. IMG_1496.JPG

Elcohaulic, GordonC and anothercarguy like this.
  2. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

First of all let me be clear, compared to most of the guys on here my talent level is in the basement. That being said I still enjoy learning / working on my cars, hanging out in the Garage, sometimes at the end of the day just setting in a chair drinking a beer listing to a bit of Patsy Kline and looking at my hot rod projects. The sights, sounds and smells are most therapeutic. My Garage has been the perfect get away during this most trying 2020 year.