Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBANDY A little video documentry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Dec 26, 2020.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey folks,
    Been a little bit since I frequented the HAMB.
    Seems life gets a little crazy , and toss in a ton of volunteer work getting Guide Dogs and Buddy Dogs for children who are legally blind.. and .... yea, busy.......
    However,
    We have started a youtube channel that will showcase the automotive scene in these parts, and we felt it was a great time to share a little of the story on the HAMBANDY build.
    Hope you enjoy!

Leon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbcli...kxAy0UsWJgj6M0&v=tD3pLV17B6w&feature=youtu.be

2. 5window

5window

Thanks so much for posting this. So hard to believe it wasn't just yesterday. It shows the best of being human-often hard to appreciate these days.We all owe a lot to HambAndy.

3. movingviolation

movingviolation

I agree... seems like yesterday, a kid who brought out the best of us...

4. That was really good. If there is to be a measurable high point in the HAMB life, that surely will be it. Not just the HAMB but hot rodders as people being the best they can be. :)

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Proud to have been a part of this.
    Very sad over the situation that brought it all about.

Honoured to have worked beside so many good people who took the time to help us do this directly, and to be associated with the membership of this one of a kind community Ryan oversees. Without all of your input and support this would never have even got off the ground!

On a personal note...So nice to see at the end when HAMBANDY is backing his Av8 out of the trailer, and I'm finished running around to make sure nobody walks into his path...that my son is shown standing on the drivers side of the car and I go over to be with him.
    Approx 6 years after this he fought his own battle with cancer.
    One he lost 2 years ago next month.

God bless you ALLAN. I will miss you forever.

I hope you and HAMBANDY are cruising together...RIP guys.

6. Sorry to read this Bill, my condolences.

Hackerbilt likes this.
  7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Best thing we've ever done on the HAMB. I'm so thankful to everyone who made Andy's dream come true. I miss him

Rickybop likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to agree, Andy will always be special to a number of us because he brought us together for a common cause.
    Thanks for sharing the link to the video.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. 5window

5window

This should get more than 8 posts!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I still Have my HAMBAndy brass plaque on my toolbox. What a great kid who made something cool happen :)

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

It was a pretty special undertaking.. I dont think anyone understood the power of the members of the HAMB or the power it gave Andy to fight on. Andy managed to teach us a little about ourselves, and it revealed to the world that these greasy handed gear heads of the HAMB had hearts bigger than anyone could ever imagine.

12. atch

atch

I just walked into the house about a half hour ago from a Christmas trip to see the kids/grandkids. I was able to check in on the H.A.M.B. with my phone occasionally while away but couldn't see the YouTube video. As soon as I got the suitcases, etc., into the house I sat down here at my computer, looked up this thread, and watched the video.

I wish I could have had the pleasure/honor to have met Andy in person. I believe that I read every word that he posted here. I have vivid memories of the dash at the drags and I signed it somewhere on there.

Andy may not be walking this earth anymore but he walks in hundreds of hearts of the men and women of the H.A.M.B.

This is one of the pictures that rotates through on my screen saver:

HambAndyDAY051.jpg

And for anyone who has never seen it here's his headstone (which I lifted from a post somewhere; probably on here):

132438208_1404706212.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just telling somebody about Hamb Andy yesterday. Still brings a tear to my eye. You gentlemen who were involved in all this have my utmost respect and gratitude.

14. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

15. beegator

beegator

Thank you for posting the video, made me cry. HAMBANDY was such a special young man. I remember how much you all did for him as if it was yesterday. Such big hearts and so much kindness.

16. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Every post I see about HAMBANDY makes me regret that I was not on here during that time. It sounds like it was an amazing series of events.

lothiandon1940 and Fortunateson like this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

X2