Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Henry Ford hot rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Feb 2, 2020.

1. CCM hockey tape at that! Car's looking good.

Stogy and Runnin shine like this.
  2. AULIZ

AULIZ

hahaaa! CCM Hockeytape is very good when want to hide those new wirings. snap good and keep good... Of course hockey is important here. My ex neighbour from Kalajoki (small town in North-West), Jussi Jokinen, was made big money in NHL.. like many other northern boys.

Stogy likes this.
  3. AULIZ

AULIZ

Final week with this car. This week will arrive those "dimple die set", so I can finish interior aluminums before last installation. Chris Craft step plates need to install, etc.

Today I bought 20Ton hydraulic press. Small garage, not so much free space. It´s better have own press. Too many times need to drive to my friends car rebuilding company and back.... normally they are closed when I need press pushings, bolts...
    Same size and type like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-TonHy...213173?hash=item3b41098435:g:JwIAAOSwm~BfTjPm

275euro (220usd). Not big investment. Now it was time to buy it.

aulis

Stogy, roadsterdonpat32 and brEad like this.
  4. AULIZ

AULIZ

Today Grinded and sanded all day. Continue tomorrow...

Aulis
    jukka-720.jpg jukka-721.jpg jukka-722.jpg jukka-723.jpg

Stogy, brEad and Runnin shine like this.
  5. AULIZ

AULIZ

More Rust and holes.
    Aulis jukka-725.jpg jukka-726.jpg jukka-727.jpg jukka-729.jpg jukka-730.jpg jukka-731.jpg jukka-732.jpg jukka-733.jpg

6. AULIZ

AULIZ

all Interior ready and installed. I opened innerpanel backside of those holes.
    Pass.seat, windshield also installed.

Still working one day with car. Tomorrow, Friday, I install Cris Craft step plates, tune up engine, change oil.
    I hope its not rainy weather and I can test drive.

Aulis
    jukka-734.jpg jukka-735.jpg jukka-736.jpg jukka-738.jpg jukka-739.jpg jukka-741.jpg jukka-742.jpg

itsmee, Stogy, brEad and 11 others like this.
  7. Mart

Mart

Fingers crossed for nice weather tomorrow, Auliz. The first drive is always a blast. Don't forget to run out of fuel. I always do.
    Mart.

Stogy and brEad like this.
  8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yep and it's CCM (Canadian Cycle and Machine)! I have a friend that has a Russel manufactured by CCM, has sill plates with CCM stamped into them, one year only.

Stogy likes this.
  9. AULIZ

AULIZ

problem with clutch. I was use car owners old pressureplate. I was stack, but I oil it and installed. I didn¨t like it when I fist time used cluch. I was think that it will be OK later when I have used clutch more and more.....
    I changed new disc because old ole was mercury (more splines). Engine is 52-53 merc engine.
    I dont know yet what Im gonna do. Im not so iterested in to remove engine, change pressure plate....
    Also problmes with brakes. Its sunday morning here. Later today Oskar need to help me when I check once more brakes. I have done it alone, but better if have Oskar there pump brakepedal.

I told to Jukka that I must take this car on springtime here. I must test drive many days fist short drive and rest longer 10-20km drive. Then I see all minor defects....

Now rain (water) daily.... They say that Monday-Tuesday colder weather is come from North.
    Hope that have frost when drive car on trailer and tow it to Hank Jacobs place for paintjob.

nunattax and Stogy like this.
  10. tom feland

tom feland
    from Norman, OK

I really like the way this has come together!........this is a real Hot Rod!!

Stogy likes this.
  11. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Tom.

22 - 23.12. I was remove engine. I didn´t like that mercury pressure plate when I installed it. Then I just changed 10splines plate and wondered that "hard" cluch. Dirc I installed before last summer was 3/8" (thickness). Now I was ready to change flywheel, 10" disc and 10" pressurreplate. All new stuff and I have those on stock. 59A style flywheel were not fit.... when tighted bolts, engine was stack. I found one 9 1/2" new 5/16" thickness disc. Now pressureplate arms are better position --> cluch is work OK. Still very hard cluch, I do not like it.

Big job, +8hours, but now I can leave car to it´s owner. After winter and paintjob, I keep car here and drive few days.
    I don´t trust newbie hot rod...

Today , early morning, I was remove rearaxle and increase 3pc leaf spring short leafs upside of spring.
    Frame and body is now little more higher, but works better and spring is not anymore hit frame rails.
    I drove outside. Slippery, but car rung great. Last job , I picked up my actron timing light from race trailer and tuned engine advace to 22dec.

Aulis

jukka-743.jpg jukka-744.jpg jukka-745.jpg jukka-746.jpg jukka-747.jpg jukka-749.jpg jukka-750.jpg jukka-751.jpg jukka-752.jpg

Stogy, waxhead, itsmee and 7 others like this.
  12. AULIZ

AULIZ

Last pics this car (more when I see it first time painted).
    Today we tow it to another place 100km away from Seinäjoki city. Hank Jacob can made his "tricks and kicks" when paint it same outlook than trunk lid and grill.

Aulis
    jukka-756.jpg jukka-755.jpg
    jukka-753.jpg jukka-754.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Fordor Ron, Ottomotive, brEad and 9 others like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great adventure @AULIZ...thanks for sharing all the ups and downs...

nunattax likes this.
  14. Gow 327

Gow 327

Great post Auliz,really enjoyed reading all about your projects!!!

Stogy likes this.
  15. joew513

joew513
    from Boston

Looks awesome

Stogy likes this.
  16. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Sirs.
    It was so bad project. Junk body, cut frame, nothing else.
    Im not very interested in do that job every year.... (= rod from nothing).
    I hope Jukka likes car. He says so, but after he has enjoy next summer on the road.
    He has many hobbies, Knucklehead HD´s is one of those. I think, he owns four of those.
    Hunting, own Company, snowmobiles,... Hot Rod is good extra for his summer evenings, weekends.

Aulis

brEad and Stogy like this.
  17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

brEad and Stogy like this.
  18. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

I think is a great car and you saved it !
    I can’t wait to see it painted.
    You do very nice work !
    Wheelie Dave

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well you gave that car the best chance it could possibly hope for! Well done and we are all looking forward to your personal build project.

Stogy likes this.