Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot rod Hundred Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadfootloon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Gene, the first year we had help from members in Minnesota. So distance is not a major issue.

What is the CrossMembers Car Club? I am glad you asked. The CrossMembers are a group of guys and gals who met online in the HAMB chapel. The HAMB chapel is a social group on the JalopyJournal website. The chapel was formed in the fall of 2008 by a fellow CrossMember Brett Halsey (Brett4Christ). Since the forming of the chapel, it has grown to over 400 members. To clarify, not all who are in the chapel are part of CrossMembers car club.
    A group of guys within the chapel wanted something a little more than just meeting online and chatting. They wanted to get out in public and share their love of cars and their love of the Lord. What’s better than that? So, the CrossMembers were born. Jeff Walker designed our logo and we were off and running, club plaques, t-shirts, patches, jackets, we are really starting to feel like a car club.

Want to join us? Club admission is open to anyone who loves Jesus and loves old cars.

We have adopted Hebrews 12:2 as our club scripture. It says, “We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.”

In Christ we trust, follow the leader!

Get more details and fill out application at
    http://www.crossmemberscc.com/ click on the "here" at the bottom of the home page.

Since it seems that telling the hotel we are coming only causes them to raise prices and inform other hotels in the area, I am not going to do that in the future. We can always find other places for a launch pad.

Also note that every year any "profits" go to help ministry related causes.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    pwschuh likes this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

You might want to contact the hotel manager and let them know you’re considering moving to a new location. That’s 50 rooms they won’t rent next year, a pretty significant hit, especially in what will be the second year of a pandemic with associated loss of business. Having a “special” room rate that is higher than the standard rate isn’t how “special” group rates are supposed to work.

There’s a lot of nice country in Wisconsin. I’ve done a few tours in the southwest Driftless region, and yours in south central. Wherever you go, I’ll plan to go next year.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

leadfootloon and Blue One like this.
  3. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Waddell
    Thanks to you, Ronny, Angela, and all who assisted for once again putting together another great run! Lucy and I have been on the first four HRH and feel this was the best yet and can't wait for number five.
    • The weather, it was cold and rainy like the first one, which can be part of the fun. Spring or fall it doesn't make much difference.
    • The route was great, the addition of the shop stops was great.
    • Great lunch, best yet. Love the Chicago style hotdogs, have to admit I had 2! (it takes a lot of fuel to run a big machine)
    • Have made lots of friends, great to see them even though only once a year. Personally for us, got to see friends from the Chicago area that we haven't seen for quite some time.
    • As far as we know, we still live in a democracy, so with that said, majority rules. We know from personal experience how much goes into putting these together, it's not as simple as one might think.
    Thanks again for another HRH! Dan & Lucy

4. I wasn't as informed as I thought on the hotel. Didn't realize they were charging more then thw standard price. We have other hotel's in the next town over. Both ways actually we will look at a new host. Thank you to all that comes out and makes this a event!!!!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    1959Nomad and guthriesmith like this.
  5. late on the reply here......
    but what a awesome day. rain, cold, but i had a smile the whole time. appreciate all the time put into a run like this. You guys did an awesome job! Thanks to all involved, looking forward to 2021!

1959Nomad and leadfootloon like this.
  6. Check your mail boxes for 2020 stickers...
    HRH 2020.jpg
    Thank for coming! Mark your Calendars for Saturday May 15 2021 Watch for updates!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  7. 20201110_124015.jpg Here is a brief preview of our 2021 landing spot.

8. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Got mine yesterday! Thank You!

leadfootloon and loudbang like this.
  9. gene-koning

gene-koning

Got my sticker a couple days ago. Thank you.

leadfootloon and loudbang like this.
  10. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

looks like May 3rd is a Monday?

11. Correct date for HRH Wisconsin & Minnesota & Iowa & Illinois & Anyone Else, is Saturday May 15th 2021

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  12. got my sticker too...
    thanks guys

13. 20201110_130027.jpg
    Another pic of our destination on Saturday 15 May 2021. This is an awesome shop. Reserve the date now! You don't want to miss this event, Go a Hundred or go home.

14. I've got the date. Will we be departing from Johnson Creek or??
    Thanks.

leadfootloon and 1959Nomad like this.
  15. We will be meeting at and departing from Fueled Customs 403 S C.P. Ave, Lake Mills, WI 53551. http://www.fueledcustoms.com/home.html
    Screenshot 2020-12-25 200611.jpg
    Looking forward to seeing Phil and the rest of you as well. Invite your friends.
    We will NOT inform any area hotels about our event. 15 May 2021 You are on your own for lodging.
    Anyone guess our landing spot?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  16. gene-koning

gene-koning

Is registration open for the WI 2021 Hot Rod 100 yet, or did I miss it?
    My wife says we have a room! Gene

leadfootloon likes this.
  17. Not yet keep watching here!!

David Gersic and 1959Nomad like this.
  18. upload_2021-2-16_13-33-40.png

No host hotel so you are on your own for lodging.
    Questions or problems contact Ronny Gilmore or Neil Waddell.

Register now at WWW.HOTRODHUNDRED.COM & Click on Wisconsin

upload_2021-2-16_13-33-40.png

19. Below is a brief summary of our landing spot. Come and enjoy!

upload_2021-2-16_13-49-47.png

See you soon!

leadfootloon and guthriesmith like this.
  20. gene-koning

gene-koning

Yea Baby! Just got signed up!
    We are so ready for this again this year.
    Got a room and everything! Gene

leadfootloon, bchrismer and pprather like this.
  21. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good Times!

leadfootloon likes this.
  22. hmmmmmmmmm, hope the snow is gone by then:)

leadfootloon likes this.
  23. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Signed up and ready! YAHOO:D:D

24. gene-koning

gene-koning

Yea, me too! My coupe gets parked in my yard (about 10' off the driveway) through the winter. Up until early this week, you almost couldn't see the car because of all the snow we have gotten. The car was covered and surrounded with a good 24" snow base. You could not even see the wheel openings from a side view!

The sun came out, and the warmer temps have come, its gotten above 32 degrees every day this week. I suspect we have had about 1/2 of our ground cover of snow melted just this week. Now the entire car is visible, and there is only (?) about 12" deep snow on the ground between it and my driveway! Its suppose to be above 32 degrees all next week as well, if that actually happens, I might even be able to drive the car onto the driveway. With all this snow melting, that yard will get pretty soft, the coupe sitting on the driveway will be a good thing. Gene

25. As of March 21 (2nd Day of Spring) @5:00PM we have 59 vehicles registered. Shaping up to be a good run.
    A01_0217.JPG

26. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife and I took the coupe out for a ride to get ice cream this afternoon. The round trip was 140 miles! We are so ready! Gene

leadfootloon and pprather like this.
  27. Trophies are ready! Top two are for Wisconsin. The others are for South West Missouri
    image.jpg We are thankful for all the help we receive from our brothers down south, without their support there would be no Wisconsin HRH.

If you are NOT registered sign up today!
    Over 70 other people did, why don't you?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  28. Only a week away and the weather looks like it may cooperate.
    See you there!

29. Praying for good weather and a great run next week!

30. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

See you there Saturday!