Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1937 International C1 pickup fuel tank sending unit ohms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topradman, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Topradman

Topradman

So, just finished up restoring a fuel tank for a 1936 IHC C1 pickup and now I need a sending unit. Unfortunately, I do not have the truck here and my customer is 100 miles away. Does anyone out there know what empty and full ohms might be so I can get to modifying a universal sender to do the job. Customer says it is a 6V system with "positive ground"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If the truck was here I could check it myself but don't really want to put on over 200 miles round trip to deal with this.
    Thank you in advance for any answers you guys can supply.
    Scott

2. brading

brading

3. Topradman

Topradman

I wish. I don't think he knows how to do any of this. If the vehicle was nearby, I have a gauge tester from the old days ( SnapOn) that works awesome and applies ohms in increments with 5 different dials. Unfortunately, just don't have access to the truck "100+ miles away". If the truck was in my shop it's no problem at all. Was just hoping someone might have this information available??

4. Slopok

Slopok

You maybe able to ask over on oldihc.org ?