Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My deuce coupe moved under its own power for the first time with a Man A Fre intake.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Congratulations man, terrific looking pair of cars and good luck tuning the carbs !

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. timbow33

timbow33

3. timbow33

timbow33

Hello: I am Tim Bowman. I worked for Man-A-Fre in the sixties and have been helping guys get their assemblies run right ever since. I continue to build them today here in Lincoln, Nebraska. I know I can get yours running properly. Contact me at 19513772245 or [email protected]. See some of my goodies on my website and read about my old boss at Man-A-Fre. The master himself, Harold Graves taught me well as I worked by his side. oldschoolinduction.com.
    Ring me up any time please and pass this along to any of your hot rod friends running a Man-A-Fre fuel system. The fastest most unique four deuce fuel system. I am on central time.

clem, Stogy, Elcohaulic and 5 others like this.
  4. timbow33

timbow33

Hello sir: I am Tim Bowman former employee of Man-A-Fre in the sixties. I worked alongside Harold Graves the founder. I still build all the various Man-A-Fre assemblies today here in Lincoln, Nebraska. I read your post suggesting you might try a set of quads for a while. You will not like the result sir. A properly tuned Man-A-Fre will out perform the quads any day. I have looked over your very nice setup on the Vette. I see a couple areas that definitely need attention. I would like to help you tune your Man-A-Fre correctly. I just finished tuning Nicolas Coe’s graffiti coupe. He is a member here from Arkansas and will gladly attest. Would you contact me? 951-377-2245 Thank you sir. Tim Bowman.

clem, Stogy, Elcohaulic and 4 others like this.
  5. timbow33

timbow33

Hi: I worked alongside Harold Graves the developer of Man-A-Fre in the sixties. I still build them today here in Lincoln, Nebraska. I can definitely help you bring your MAF to full performance. I’ll make you a Man-A-Fre tuning expert.

loudbang, clem, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  6. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

WOW!!! What a deal!! ^^^^

loudbang, clem, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Hi Tim very cool of you to help guys out with the man-a-fre. I wish I had your knowledge when I had mine on the coupe. Also I hope you got the casting patterns and all the other goodies including patent paperwork when they were for sale and will continue making some more.

loudbang, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Unless I’m wrong I think his building is limited to setting up the carbs on existing manifolds
    I don’t think there are new manifolds to be had.

loudbang likes this.
  9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

@Blue One I was hoping he got the patterns for the Manifolds and patent papers as it was a ebay auction many years ago . I figured someone got them but who wicked cool intakes

loudbang, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

From what I’ve read on the history that’s available I don’t think it was him who got them.
    It would be good if he did and had some cast.

loudbang likes this.