Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Making a list and checking it twice ~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Hopefully dud's :eek: HRP

Deuces likes this.
  2. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

A book on Time Management!

Deuces likes this.
  3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

The body I had 35 yrs ago. It didn't use much fuel, and kept running and running.
    Today I can't get the throttle to open. The frame is bent, and the upholstery keeps shredding apart.

Deuces likes this.
  4. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Deuces likes this.
  5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We splurged.
    After both of us retiring the past year, we spent some of our retirement savings. Well deserved. Two hard working people. .

For the first time we turned into snowbirds. I’m loving the 70 degree sunny days on the west coast of Florida. Riding bikes, walking, fishing, beaching.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It’s like taking our own little bubble around with us and isolating from the virus.
    Fresh air, no people, and even eat at the trailer.

I just wish I had my old pickup down here.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Deuces and Charlie K like this.
  6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Floor mounted belt sander would work better;)

Deuces and Johnny Gee like this.
  7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just send me the keys and I'll be happy to deliver it to you:);)

Deuces and Petejoe like this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

:)
    Good answer.

Deuces likes this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

This crazy year has changed the look and feel of our own family Christmas. The family will either Facetime or have Merry Christmas days via texts from the Midwest or Southwest. So, for the So Cal local portion of the family, the list will include the obvious, no catching the Covid and watching what they do with their lives. The local hospital ICU units are almost at capacity and the only way to stay out is to stay inside your own homes.

For our Christmas list and checking it twice, it has to be great health for all of the people from our old high school that are still around and as old as we are. We have been through a ton of stuff over the years and for those that were part of our teenage years, those memories are priceless. The locked in place emails do a great job of photos, journals and memories passed on from friend to friend, without worries. They should be given another chance at journal writing and safe keeping as much as possible.

This year, several of our non-hot rod people popped up and the conversations were instantly back in the early 60s adventures. Some were the “on the road again” to our long distance surf spots or the shenanigans in the Camp Pendleton jungle and scoring empty waves after the hideout did its job of keeping us undercover.

Those So Cal adventures are/were memories to keep forever. Overhead waves, challenging those lines that started building up a long way out, paddling like crazy to get to the breaks, as well as hooting/hollering at seeing our friends riding empty waves was well worth the effort that kept us safe and away from the Provost Marshall’s Office.

Our strategy worked as we never got arrested, given a ride on the beach sand buggy back to the Camp Pendleton’s Provost Marshall’s Office in Oceanside and our boards were never confiscated from 1960-64. Yippee!
    upload_2020-12-24_3-38-24.png
    Jnaki

Good health and safety is always the right thing to do for all of us. We are doing our best to be able to make a list and check it twice. So far, so good.

Stay healthy and no gatherings to put yourself out there for an attack. Your family deserves it.

alanp561 likes this.