Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Joe's American Graffiti Coupe with a Man A Fre (Milner Coupe Clone)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicholas Coe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Lemme guess, the boss ( his mother) said don’t get him started, but you did it anyway, didn’t you.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Absolutely!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  3. Totally! He loves being a "hot rodder". 110% Boy.
    I didn't even have to ask him to pick up the distributor. I had to yell at him to stop dancing with it to take the pictures!

Only problem now is that he loves Mustangs. Got to make him a more HAMB friendly child....

4. Great picture . Glad you are getting the car all dialed in, looks really cool.:):cool:

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Need to school the boy about picking up distributors, next one could be a magneto :eek: :D

6. Thank you! We're really excited for Spring!

mad mikey, loudbang and Moriarity like this.
  7. Good point. He knows not to touch anything without asking. At 4 he learned a valuable lesson about grabbing headers. Thankfully, it was a good scare without any harm.

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

I love solid state ignition remember when some car companies bragged about no tuneup for a 100,000 miles but you needed to change timing belts at 60,000

9. Here's post #1000! I never dreamed that so many people would contribute to this thread. My greatest achievement so far has been the outstanding people I have met.

The coupe is taking a winter nap. Soon, the spring will be here and I'll be getting used to driving the car again. I can't wait to take it out for its first cruise night, car show, or club meeting. What a joy it will be for me to share those moments here.

Thank you again and Happy Holidays! PXL_20201122_014706112.jpeg

10. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

happy christmas Nick

Nicholas Coe, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  11. dan griffin

dan griffin

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ o_O
    Vice is a practice, behaviour, or habit generally considered immoral, sinful, criminal, rude, taboo, depraved, or degrading in the associated society. In more minor usage, vice can refer to a fault, a negative character trait, a defect, an infirmity, or a bad or unhealthy habit. :):p:D

13. KenC

KenC

I like his vise too. Since he hasn't shared his vices(except for cool cars) I can't comment on those. Might like them too.

14. Have a great Christmas Nick, and your family .:) The car looks fantastic. I know spring can not come to soon for me!;)

15. Thanks. Rob found it in his collection. American made! Happy Holidays my friend.
    Thank you! Send me a Christmas picture if you find a nice spot while you are out in that awesome truck.
    Hahahahaha.... So many vices and so little time!
    This car is my coolest so far.
    Thank you! Have a wonderful holiday. Everytime I think about this car I'm amazed at how much we have achieved together....

chryslerfan55, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  16. Happy New Year everyone! 2021 here we go.

Winter storage work today. Added Sta-bil to a full tank of 93 octane. I cleaned up the broken ballast resistor edges on the circuit board. (screw hold down for it is stripped out) I checked and sealed the battery box behind the seat. I also trickle charged the battery.

Another good day! PXL_20201231_224613869.jpeg PXL_20201231_224717733.jpeg PXL_20201231_230040949.jpeg PXL_20201231_230211702.jpeg PXL_20201231_225153521.jpeg PXL_20201231_225536130.jpeg

17. Happy New Year Nick. The coupe looks real nice.:)

rbrewer, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  18. AHotRod

AHotRod

19. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

20. Thank you!
    Have a great day!
    Thanks! 2021! Have fun.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I look forward to seeing your coupe in person in the New Year.

loudbang, Nicholas Coe and mad mikey like this.
  22. Stop by anytime!

I'm ready for cruising around with friends. Can't wait to attend my first club event. So many things to do and great people to meet!

23. loudbang

loudbang

Well at least you made it out intact from 2020 and no dire consequences in your engine that some were predicting. :rolleyes:

mad mikey, rbrewer, brady1929 and 3 others like this.
  24. I'm extremely thankful! Thank you so much for the great help and encouragement. Hopefully it is a happy car now!

It is a fight to always look forward. We can never change the past anyway....

Stay positive friends! Enjoy the journey. Original%20AGC3.jpeg

mad mikey, fegsta, rbrewer and 3 others like this.
  25. With the car relaxing in it's winter slumber I decided to check the tire pressures. These have not been checked since I have owned the car. Glad I checked! The front tires were at ~21 PSI and the rear tires were at ~18 PSI. This was a cold winter day with the indoor garage temp at about 50°.

The max pressure stated on each of the bias ply tires were 32 PSI so I upped each tire to 25. I thought this would be a good general storage temperature as the pressure will increase slightly as the temperature does. Also, I used two different tire gauges. (One gauge was 30 and the other was 25)

How did I do? Please advise! PXL_20210114_234234949.jpeg PXL_20210114_234242960.jpeg PXL_20210114_234246971.jpeg PXL_20210114_234316690.jpeg PXL_20210114_234312289.jpeg

mad mikey, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. AmishMike

AmishMike

Do not know what kind of gauges you used but recommend a good quality gauge. I would not like that range. I always like to put car on jack stands for winter sleep & tires off concrete.

27. Thanks for your comments. I've since purchased a better gauge. Hopefully I will get a more accurate reading when it arrives. I figured that either way it was better than the previous pressures.

I don't like to put the car on jack stands. I prefer to roll it forward or backwards a bit each day. I'm always in the garage so this is easy to do. This way, hopefully, it will prevent flat spots and also not stress the suspension.

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  28. alchemy

alchemy

Max tire pressure stated by the manufacturer is way too much for a light little hot rod. As long as you don’t have a large bulge in the sidewalls, you can adjust the pressure downward til it gives you a good ride.

29. Good point. What pressures do y'all usually run with bias ply tires?

I aired my tires to a higher pressure to help avoid flat spots during winter. I don't necessarily plan on driving it at these pressures if that is not recommended. I'll double check the tires when my new gauge arrives and we'll see where we're at.

Thank you!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.