Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Upholstery Costs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by California Dan, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

The price you posted above sounds very reasonable given the foam will most likely need to be replaced and perhaps some spring repair. Given materials and a shop rate of $60-75 per hour what you were quoted is right in the ball park. My wife does auto trimming and the quotes are accurate for the time it will take to do repairs and make those complex covers.

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Original materials can be up past 100 dollars a yard at cost.

3. California Dan

California Dan

Yea, I priced original cloth from SMS and it was 149 a yard. I don't plan on showing it, but would like it to look as close to original as I can. I found a similar material from a place called Albright's out of Oklahoma. I can get a similar cloth, with similar texture for 26 a yard. That will be good enough for me. It will look old school and will probably fool most of the people that I hang out with!

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I paid 50 dollars a yard for reproduction vinyl from them for my 55 Sunliner a few years ago,it was the closest of all the suppliers I deal with so I had to get it. The white I got from a local supplier for 14 dollars a yard.

5. California Dan

California Dan

While I'm waiting my turn for he upholstery guy, I had some work done. I replaced the black vinyl top with a white one, had a front end rebuild (bushings, ball joints, tie rods,etc.), new wheel cylinders, shocks, brakes, water pump, and had the comfort control heater/ac rebuilt. Replaced the sending unit and had the courtesy lights fixed.
    Thoughts ?....

Attached Files:

rod1 likes this.