Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the COOLEST Looking V8 you would have in your HotRod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, May 27, 2004.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

V12 Ardun that H & H is building

knucklenutz and Deuces like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never get tired of looking at this in my roadster.
    upload_2020-12-14_13-27-52.png

3. Yea Billy, I could look at that mill all day, every day.;):):cool:

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my current project, this one is my runner up. I have a funny feeling it is going to dance all over my flathead
    upload_2020-12-15_11-25-21.png

5. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Here is my 350 crate motor dressed up to look like a 265. But is hard to beat a flathead, hemi, or a 427 sohc. The air cleaner is from a hemi car (1957ish) speedway4.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Desoto291Hemi, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  6. ^^Very nice and clean^^:)

Deuces likes this.
  7. KenC

KenC

My favorite is the nailhead. Wait, maybe a baby hemi. Or a W series chevy. No the very best looking is any flathead. Never mind. Any of the above or something else.

DigDugMd likes this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

9. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

P side engine.JPG

A Ford 408

Deuces likes this.
  10. Deuces

Deuces

Did I ever mention that I liked injected cammers?????.......:D sohc3 cyclone comet int.JPG

Max Gearhead and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-12-22_4-31-2.png
    Hello,

When I was walking around the Price Transfer Automobilia during the preview days of the new Lion’s Dragstrip Museum opening in 2017, I saw this motor sitting along a back wall of the “Willys” row. It was almost a replica of our SBC motor that we built in early 1960. At the time of our build, we were told that a new blower drive set up from Isky and Gilmer Belt Co. was coming out in a few months.

That gave my brother bright ideas of what our new larger SBC would have for our new larger SBC motor. It would also go along with our newly acquired 671 diesel supercharger we had just picked up at a diesel truck shop in Wilmington, CA. The 671 was a display model that was going to be sold, so a new shinier version could be put on display.

We gave it to Reath Automotive to do a full rebuild to racing specs. But, in the mean time, the new Isky Gilmer Belt Drive was headed our way. We could not resist the offer of a Reath Auto chain drive for the blower, but the new Isky Gilmer Belt system was for us.
    upload_2020-12-22_4-32-32.png Similar build and look of our 671/Strombergs on the new 292 SBC blower spec motor.

Jnaki

We knew the final build and drive in our neighborhood was good, but we had to time the distance to go along with the small Moon Gas Tank that was inside of the cab. By the time we drove it to a friend’s small speed shop where we bought our first 283 SBC long block, we knew the range was going to be about 6 miles per tank. So, as we took off on another weekend cruise, we timed it well, got gas several times and the motor ran well for the time we were on the street.

As a daily high school cruiser it was not going to be, but had the ability to do it that way. The stock gas tank was still empty, but was going to be filled with water for more added weight in the rear section for better traction. I really wanted to drive it one day a week to high school, but those times when we drove it to the local drive in restaurant parking lots was plenty of action and accolades.

But, after our accident and the complete 671 SBC motor sitting in our backyard garage, there were thoughts that came close to the idea of putting it in the 58 Impala for the ultimate street/strip cruiser. With the C&O Stick Hydro bolting up easily, it would not have taken much to get it running and competing.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020