Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It really sucks driving a hotrod in December!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Dec 4, 2020.

1. It was in the 60's and sunny here all weekend so I had my '32 out and about a good bit. But it is snowing today. :eek:

OzMerc39, Deuces, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cool Ted. Same here, been great Hot Rod weather here in the valley so far this year. We've driven the Nomad to Church every Sunday. I almost forgot to put it back in the garage last night. I awoke this morning to a winterary mix of snow and rain. But look on the bright side. We don't get too many bad days here in Va. So if you get down to this end of the valley stop by. Really love your pickup! Ron....... 20160707_092622.jpg

3. Yea, I didn’t get mine in the shop before the snow started since I was working on another car at the time. This white stuff is unusual for us thankfully.

1053BD6F-4940-4B7D-B580-A4262E2A232A.jpeg FF76873E-0710-4C98-A8C2-251673471A8D.jpeg

48fordnut, jim snow, OzMerc39 and 4 others like this.
  4. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

yea, driving in snow sucks.

dec 2020 087.JPG dec 2020 082.JPG dec 2020 080.JPG

jim snow, OzMerc39, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  5. gene-koning

gene-koning

Covered with snow, parked for the season, most likely. I do run regular plates and carry insurance year around, so if it gets nice and the roads are not salt covered, there could be a mid winter ride. Gene

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

^^ As stated above by Noel, another coffee run here. None of that white stuff here except concrete. :D DAMN HOT despite some recent torrential rain!
    upload_2020-12-15_18-41-6.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  7. The only reason it would suck in December is because it's so hot. Scorching almost in an open roadster. Winter is much more user friendly.

8. Driving in December in the Southern Hemisphere is mighty fine.

Summer cruising downunder.

Even went to the Drive-In.

20201121_173002.jpg 20201117_234423.jpg 20201117_234552.jpg

9. v8flat44

v8flat44

OzMerc39, that ride of yours is noth'n....but FINE....drive on.....

Lil32 and OzMerc39 like this.
  10. Sure thing my hot-rodding friend... I'll be sure to do just that.

:D :cool: :)

Lil32 likes this.
  11. mohead1

mohead1

Nice car...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lil32 likes this.
  12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-12-20_8-50-36.png

Hello,

A year ago to the day, in between rain showers and other forms of coastal weather, out pops this cool So Cal style hot rod/cruiser on the roads of the OC. Late Christmas shopping was what I thought as I whipped out my digital camera to take a few photos and a short video. It is not everyday that one sees a cool looking custom car rolling down the street as if it was 1960.

It must have been headed for the final rush to get presents and other gifts for the family/friends. At the time, it was very cool 48 degrees, weather wise and got to be the normal coastal weather by noon. It was a nice break in the weather.

Anytime out for a daily drive is fun in nice weather. We were doing some gas fill ups and last minute shopping to get things ready for the next weeks visits by family and friends. When this image caught my eye in the outside rear view mirror.

Jnaki

Well, actually, it does not suck living in So Cal in the winter or for that matter, in any season. Other than it is now locked in place again and we are all trying to fight the pandemic to the best of our ability, following the rules.

Today’s weather is going to be a perfect 77 degrees, sunny, very cool/cold in the early AM and early PM. It is different with the California locked in place directive, but the sounds of hot rods and acceleration flies in the air almost every day and night. In the early AM, bee buzzer cycles and Hondas don’t have the pizazz of the 4 speed going through the gears and a big v8 pumping behind it. But, for some of us, a nice cruise in our old cars or even new cars is what the day calls for during this odd ball end of the year.

50 Ford CHRISTMAS CRUISING So Cal

OzMerc39 and Lil32 like this.
  13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BBBRRRRRRRR!!!!!! SNOW TIME ROADSTER.jpg

OzMerc39, Lil32 and Oilguy like this.
  14. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO, IT DOESN'T COUNT ! You prune pickers have entirely too, too, much sunshine ! P.S. We covet cruising PCH at and around Huntington Beach if we stay on Beach Blvd when we leave El Mirage. We enjoyed LARS '15 when a native SoCal attendee suffered a heat stroke. Actually, it was much cooler than we Texans are used to so I wasted good deodorant that day ! Just kiddin' ! Our Deuce highboy roadster is somewhat out of place in South Texas, but we equipped it with Vintage Air units and even heated seats for that one day in mid-winter they might be needed. Ragtop rodders are definitely jealous of that nearly year round cruising weather y'all experience daily. After my fellow Spokesmen club members saw my Sid Chavers curtains and Bop Top, they said I should have built a coupe. We are in our 70's and having fun.

Lil32, Blues4U and jnaki like this.
  15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bit off subject, but I remember our first trip to Cal when I carried mucho T shirts and intended to buy more at the Labor Day run at Orange County Fairgrounds in '83. We decided to slide on up to San Francisco and have some crazy seafood that wasn't available in Texas at that time. We headed out on Pier 39 all the way to the end in early afternoon. Well, we homesteaded in Neptune's several hours gorging prawns and washing it all down with beer, beer, and Singapore Slings for the little Lady. When we staggered out onto the pier, it was colder than a well digger's ass. I immediately bought a wind breaker from a vendor on the pier. It is never like that at home. Damn, it was memorable ! I hate you guys ! ! LOL. Visited O'Keefe's rod shop and Brizio's shop out by the airport. He was a young pup back then.

16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now, that's cool ! No pun intended, Deuce Daddy Don.

Lil32 likes this.
  17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come on down to South Texas, but stop at Vintage Air and rig up for 100 +weather, then you can cruise our Hill Country until you're tired of it.

Lil32 likes this.
  18. adam401

adam401

IMG_20201213_110744_232.jpg
    Slushy and salty and a sheet of black ice. They run so good in that cold winter air though.

Lil32, Blues4U and sidevalve8ba like this.
  19. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Lil32 likes this.