Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB member in need. Bumper stickers for Ben

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jason, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Some years ago one of my now best friends started a thread here about going to TROG from Charlotte NC to Wildwood, and looking to meet up with anyone along the way that might be heading the same direction. The guy was @hotrodderhaag . We had a tough time linking up. But ended up staying in touch and now I can call him one of my best friends. He helped a tremendous amount with getting my 39 on the road last year before TROG and Old North State. And well his shop is just the place to be for working on and building hot rods in our circle of friends. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone more ready to lend a hand to help get your ride on the road than Ben. He has given so much to all the guys in the Charlotte NC area and to his Club Brothers the Iron Lords. I’m Proud to call him my friend.

unfortunately in the last year or so Ben got sick. And after exhaustive testing he was diagnosed with lymphoma. Luckily if you know Ben, you know he doesn’t give up on a dam thing and is fighting his damdest to kick this things ass. So far so good, he is young and strong and well just has the attitude of “quit yer bitching, and get it done” to quote Ben.

That being said we all know how expensive this shit can go. So to help his Medical bills some friends have started a go fund me page to help offset the bills and take some stress off. We love Ben and well want to do anything we can to help. He is a hell of a good guy. Please check out the go fund me link below and if you can help out, it is greatly appreciated. We have years of hot rod stuff to do with Ben, and he has tons of hot rods left to build in him. Also I will be posting links to several of his builds he has had here on the Hamb just so you can check them out again. Thanks for reading though this. And thanks for helping.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ben-haag-battle-cancer

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

I would like to help out so in the true spirit on how us Hambers are I will donate my Hamb tag topper to the highest bidder and the $$ going to Bens needs if ok with the Boss Ryan let me know if this helps engine138
    [​IMG]

Animal, Joe Blow, wraymen and 4 others like this.
  4. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

5. DP121

DP121

I don't comment on the HAMB often. I found this place through Garage Journal. I made a small donation for Ben.

6. I asked Ryan if this was OK to start this thread before hand and he gave me the OK, Thanks again @Ryan

I'll start a bid for $50

7. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

ok great i quess it will go until you tell me its over

8. How about till Dec 20 at 10:00 EST?

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Sounds good thanks

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Budget36

Budget36

Well, since Ryan never chimed in on HRPs Beanie request thread, I’ll retract that offer of what I said I’d do, and put it towards this post. So, figuring the cost of 10 beanies at maybe 15 shipped? I’m in for 150. If my bid is surpassed, I’ll still send the 150 and the higher bidder can have the Tag Topper. Or, it not matched, I’ll still send the 150 and re-up the Tag topper to the highest bidder.

‘Tis the Season”

moparboy440, brEad, TagMan and 10 others like this.
  12. Godly man with a big heart! :) HRPi

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  13. Anyone else??? Come on it’s for a good cause!!!

chryslerfan55, jim snow and loudbang like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  16. Yes, together we can move mountains, and help OUR brother through this horrible time. Come on guys, it's Christmas time. We're car guys, and one of us needs support! And just like Stogy said, together we can help.

engine138, Joe Blow, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  17. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I'll bump the tag topper to 160.00. If it's the winning bid, I'll donate the topper back....if not, still donate the bid.
    Tis the season folks.
    1866568_1.jpg
    Been there done that.

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Donated. Kick it's butt Ben!!

19. My mom taught me not to judge people, but I didn't listen to everything she told me obviously. With as many members that are here, if you donated $1 it would take the stress away from the aspect of "how am I gonna eat and pay my bills while I fight for my life" for a guy that's no different than we are. I can put off buying a part for my car if that's what it takes to help out. Guess that's how I was raised. "Greater love has no man than one that would give his life to save another"

chryslerfan55, wood470, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  20. Any more bids???? Come on help a hot rodder out and get a near unobtainium tag topper.

chryslerfan55, Joe Blow and jim snow like this.
  21. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

22. getow

getow

Was that a.m or p.m.?

23. Dec 20th 10pm East coast time.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. getow

getow

Gotcha. Thanks

25. Donated. Praying for you, Ben!

Joe Blow likes this.
  26. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll go $200. Now, how do I get this bid to the right people ? Does someone need my address, cell number, or what ? I'm not the brightest bulb on the HAMB, so please help me !

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang on.

I am raising the bid to $300.