Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Low mileage open drive 39 ford transmission (f1) *SOLD

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by jailhousebob, Dec 1, 2020.

1. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

City: mchenry

State: Illinois
    Price: $875.00
    This is a very low mileage early f1 transmission.This transmission has spent decades in indoor dry storage.The old hot rodder that had it told me the truck had 5,000 original miles when they hot rodded it years ago. I can't confirm that but i can say that it is in absolute pristine comdition.The gears and synchro rings look absolutely brand new. The synchro teeth are sharp and crisp with no signs of wear (see pics)The case has a light coating of old oil but no rust anywhere.It ,of course has the double detent 81a shift tower with the 91a 3 inch shift fork all of which is also in like new condition.I have rebuilt many of these transmissions but have never had an original this clean.I would not hesitate to put this in a vehicle as is.I really would not rebuild this unit.The pictures pretty much tell the story but feel free to ask any questions.This has the straight shift stick but for an additional $50.00 i can swap that out for a 39 "swan" shifter.Price is plus shipping. pickup always welcome.

Attached Files:

toptenmoe likes this.
  2. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois