Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 20s Willys Overland 91 Hotrod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by devilishdesigner, Dec 12, 2020.

1. devilishdesigner

devilishdesigner
    from Australia

Wondering if anyone has built a hotrod from a Willys Overland model 91? The unusual spring design looks like it allows for a lower ride that T ford transverse leaf, as the diff doesn't sit under the leaf, but I can't find any examples of one being used.

I'm intending to use a number of the parts in my bitsa project and would love to see other examples if there are any

Attached Files:

RMR&C likes this.
  2. The quarter elliptical set up is not the issue, rather the frame. The reverse c channel would need to be boxed, which is where you'd be ahead to buy and build from square tube or buy a pre-made frame, which would lose the unique suspension. As the 100 year old frame isn't designed for much more than its engine as it was designed and built to compete with model T's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. I have the remains of one.....just the body and frame. Springs and axles are missing. I plan to build a little RPU, retaining the 1/4 elliptic setup, but I haven't started on it yet.

devilishdesigner likes this.