Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need wood top bows 28 Chrysler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3EAGLES, Dec 11, 2020.

1. 3EAGLES

3EAGLES

I need top bows for my 28 Chrysler roadster. Not a restoration so they need to be functional not original. I have a set of dimensions for the bows but no parts. Any recommendations? topbows3.jpg

2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Steam Bent Bows

3. noboD

noboD

I'm sure there are utubes of how to do it. As said they are steam bent. I know guys that do their own, used PVC pipe as a steam chamber. I have found an Amish shop that will make them for $10 a piece so I never tried it.

4. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I always thought Steam Bent Bows was a company. Different lengths and not much money.

6. patterg2003

patterg2003

Check out how they make the bow stems for wood strip canoes. Rip the boards and glue them back in the same order so they sort of look like one piece. It may be easier to bend and form accurate bows with this method rather than bending one piece of wood. Either way using a clamp form similar to the ones used to make canoe stems would help get the rough bow to the required shape.

rusty valley likes this.
  7. rusty valley

rusty valley

thin strips like that is how i make the curved seat back wood for T's. its very strong when done, and would work good for top bows too. make em big and sand down to size.