Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical This could a been your '55 Chev.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

We were approached to consider the fiberglass repairs at the time but declined for several reasons, One being the early G M fiberglass is very time consuming to repair correctly and cost is always a major factor in restoring something like this. The chassis was done from G M drawings(very similar to a 55 Chevy in design only smaller) by Cary @Hopperstad Customs in Belvidere,Il .No one has made mention of the pillar less center of the door jam.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Stogy likes this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes I read and understood what you were referring to. It's just a way over used word that should apply to a single car: A 1962 Chevrolet Ber Air Sport coupe. All other referances are the ONLY top available and now has inched back to 59 GM cars. 55 Ford Crown Victorias were the first to use that styling and a few Mopars of the late 50's had rear glass farther up on the top than GM ever had.
    The 1961 Chev Impala Sport Coupe and the 1961 Pontiac Catalina & Ventura Sport Coupes and 2 of my favorite GM cars of all time. But they were only tops

Stogy likes this.
  3. Ghost28

Ghost28

I kinda like it, but I also wonder if it would have sold back in 55, since the original 55 lagged in sales mid way through the year when it first came out. they almost brought the 55 chevy back to install the 56 front clip on them, but just as they were getting ready to do this, the sales went through the roof for the original 55 chevy THANK GOD