Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It really sucks driving a hotrod in December!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Beautiful car!

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Every year is a bad year for wild fires around here, rain or no rain. if we get a lot of rain it just makes all the brush and chaparral grow fast, then it dries out in the summer and by fall it's fire food. If we have a dry year, then everything is dry and goes up easy. We can't win. The only place I know of where there is a "fire season". We don't get rain & snow, we get winds, and the winds drive the fires. Every damn year.

3. Don't move to Texas, it's way too crowded, the hill country is ugly, it seems to be turning blue, and the weather is so horrible you might have two or three days a year that you can't take your ride out to enjoy yourself...

Lil32, AHotRod, trollst and 1 other person like this.
  4. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They're talking 50 here on Friday sooo...

Lil32 and AHotRod like this.
  5. OFT

OFT

20181231_104644.jpg When it's your only vehicle, you drive it

Attached Files:

Tickety Boo, Stogy, Lil32 and 9 others like this.
  6. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Been driving mine every December since I moved to Henderson NV over 30 years ago...

Stogy, Lil32, AHotRod and 1 other person like this.
  7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been driving the 40 as it's been unusually warm and dry here in Nebraska. With a little possible snow coming Thursday and Friday when I went by the state shop this morning all the plow trucks are loaded with salt and pointed toward the gate waiting to end the 2020 hot rod driving season!

Stogy, Lil32, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  8. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

20201205_131436.jpg We Drove our coupe to a food drive in Blue Island Ill. last Saturday . It was it was an hours drive from Crown Point Ind. to the Blue Island Brewing Co. Where we met up with the hosts the Romen' Chariots and some of the members of O.T.J.A (Old Timey Jalopy Association). Temps in the low 30s but dry.

72yenkonova, Stogy, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  9. Weather was ok Saturday & Sunday... Got some fun in the while it was dry ! :D spin 1206.jpg spin12062020.jpg

10. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They started to salt the roads here last week and the 55 also caught some snow. I gave it a good wash Saturday and put it away until the weather improves... this year we had an early start for Winter...
    A37F054E-98CF-4F26-A993-25E94451BC86.jpg 40E30A50-7CDC-4339-9C52-100DB514957F.jpg

Lil32, Deuces, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  11. Me and Tesla went for a last spin in the Model A this weekend.

Dog2.jpg

mgtstumpy, Lil32, Deuces and 8 others like this.
  12. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Thats too Kool, like the striping too

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. trollst

trollst

I don't think the cops can see your plate there....mine's in the glove box, looks like the day I got it, wait.....its been there since I got it....

Stogy likes this.
  14. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, what are you driving there? Some of it says Dodge Brothers to me. Am I even close?

john

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_4538.JPG

Drove the ‘39 to work today. Taking advantage of the good weather.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mgtstumpy, Hotrodmyk, Lil32 and 9 others like this.
  16. jim snow

jim snow

Plastic Jesus? Cool. Snowman

Lil32 and Algoma56 like this.
  17. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hey .get a warmer hat and some long johns

Blues4U and juan motime like this.
  18. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife and I took the coupe out for a coupe hour drive Sunday afternoon. Outside temp made it to 44 degrees, and it was partly sunny. The coupe has heat and defrost, but also has some air leaks. It was a nice day for a ride, but we were happy to get home by 4pm, the temp was dropping and the wind was picking up. The way this year is going, we may, or may not, get another ride before we get blasted. Gene

Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  19. OFT

OFT

It's a 1930 Ford AA frame, 29 Ford body (original to frame). GM Corp 14 bolt cab and chassis rear, 32 Ford fat beam front axle modified (offset drilled) to take 58 chevy model 38 king pins. Stock 131" wheelbase extended to 147". Number of other mod's, sorry no Dodge stuff at all.

Earl

Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  20. Kirky

Kirky

Who need heat anyway!

Lil32 and Blues4U like this.
  21. gene-koning

gene-koning

I DO! I DO! Its my son's fault!
    We went to the Hundert Car Pile up in Morison one very cold winter like day. My son insisted we take his 46 Plymouth that didn't have heat. The day before I decided to install a coil of copper tubing to hopefully take some of the edge off the cold, but the car had way too many air drafts. There were 3 of us in the car, two in front, one in back. The only person that could feel the heat from the copper coil was who ever was riding shotgun.
    It was a cold ride there, it was cold being there, and it was a cold ride home, and it was starting to snow when we left. It was a 4 hour ride home. We all took turns riding shotgun, we probably stopped 6 or 8 time swapping positions. The 1st thing I did when we got home was take a hot shower, I think I was still cold the next 3 days. That was the last time I rode in a car without heat! Call me a wimp if you want, I need heat when its cold outside. Gene

Stogy, jim snow and OFT like this.
  22. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

23. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Had the 49 F 1 out on Tuesday for a short drive. May break out the 34 today. Might get a taste of snow tomorrow and then it is the OT truck.

24. PhilA

PhilA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Hydro Tech

I'm enjoying the cooler (40-50) weather that we've been getting lately, the air has been dry and it's suiting the carb jets better.
    I'll say I'm glad I've got a heater though! Roll down the window, pop the quarterlight open to kill the draft up my sleeve, heater dialed to HOT, slowly cooking my ankles and roasting my buttocks. Great big iron boat anchor under the hood helps keep the heat in the system, and even better when it's parked up for a few minutes because the hood becomes pleasant to lean against when you stop somewheres.

Plus, there's always a fun comment or two to be had from people not expecting the car to be out and about in winter (not that our winters down here are anything really to write home about).

Short days, cool air, not so many bugs out, a good heater and decent headlights. Sounds about right to me.

Phil

jim snow, Stogy, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

You can say "roasting your ass" on this site.... :D

Stogy, Lil32 and PhilA like this.
  26. gene-koning

gene-koning

The sun came out, and it made it to 54 degrees yesterday afternoon! I jumped into the coupe and drove across town to my buddy's shop to shoot some bull yesterday afternoon. It was a great afternoon all around.

They are calling for snow Friday evening, but today is still suppose to be nice yet. I might have to jump into the coupe to go someplace this afternoon as well.

Its not often we get a chance to drive our old heaps this late in the year, I'm going to get as much of it as I can. Gene

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  27. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

The title says “It Sucks To Drive a Hotrod in December “, I would say it would suck to not have a hotrod to drive in December!

jim snow, Stogy, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  28. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

The title is tongue in cheek.

Stogy, Deuces and Lil32 like this.
  29. Lil32

Lil32

went to monthly coffee run
    kept a look out for snow
    temp 32C ,no salt on road
    DSCN4136-1.JPG

30. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps