Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Yes it’s still Possible.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell Rish, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

As a kid ( freshman ) in high school we had heard rumor of a 57 that was on racks and hadn’t moved since 79 or 80. Well it was so.
    As time and circumstance would have it the owner and I became a friends /by way of my very best friend and brother. Well today I am the new owner. And two parts cars as well. Fair number of pieces.
    Sbc /Muncie /and owner installed posi. I ran a 56 Chevy pickup all through high school and college. Always wanted a 57 sedan. Going to pick up and probobly clean up install one of my sbc and maybe some front disc /got two windows that have cracks( replace -No problem) and drive. Lesson. Some legends are real. And Wesley is a very good fellow. He said I can even have the racks. Been I tough year in some ways. For many I suspect. And yet The Good Lord still smiles on me. God Speed and keep chasing the legends and rumors. You never know :cool:

Attached Files:

2. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Merry Christmas! Guess that one couldn't be seen from the road. Bob

WC145, Thor1, blowby and 5 others like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would take a brave soul to drive a car up on that rack to work on it. Maybe braver to be the guy who just bought it to roll it back off.
    Good looking start on a nice car there.

hotrodharry2, 1Nimrod, WC145 and 12 others like this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great score...yes you have been gifted...congrats and have fun with it...those are GM Rally Wheels if you were not aware...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  6. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

Congrats on the score, just PLEASE keep it a 210! The world has enough Bel Airs...

7. 210 2 door sedan!
    Brethren to mine.

8. Be careful getting the '57 down from the rack. Have fun with your new project!

9. loudbang

loudbang

Yep the willys almost done. Time for a new project LOL. :)

1Nimrod, OzMerc39, -Brent- and 9 others like this.
  10. Great catch! Love those post cars. At least it wasn't parked on grass for all of those years, but you may be getting it off that overhead rack just in the nick of time.:eek:

11. Deuces

Deuces

12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

13. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well deserved! Congratulations.

1Nimrod, mad mikey, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  14. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Great score. Can't wait to see more photos.

1Nimrod, Thor1, 31hotrodguy and 2 others like this.
  15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

16. You are going to have an interesting time changing the flat tires if they won't pump up.
    Good score.

17. Now that’s just
    BE11D6AE-0F35-4B88-A491-B7EC37A834BC.gif

That it stayed up on that rack all these years and off the grass, and that the rack did not want to get acquainted to the grass in all that time !!

great score

1Nimrod, chryslerfan55, rpm56 and 8 others like this.
  18. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

The Rumor started off as a a fabled 57 nomad. When we managed to get a glimps of it it became apparent that there was a miscommunication.
    It will be left as is as much as possible. For no other reason that’s the way we have always known it.
    Yes. The wheels came off of a 67 Chevelle SS. It has a set of nerf bars on the front. But the front bumper grill and grill insert are all there.
    The Muncie /drive shaft and one of two radiators are there also. All factory bellhousing and mount peices are there. Has buckets but also has a bench and spare tank.
    There is a little ding on driver front fender but is very fixable. Not even sure it will need to be removed to do so. There are two places in the floor pans about 4x6 that’s weak but I’ll either buy the pans and trim and keep as much original metal as possible. ( depending on how rough one of the parts cars is I might steal from it. And I do have a bead roller/brake/and welder. So no I am not afraid. The rockers on the driver side needs some love but it’s not butchered so a replacement panel or steal from the worst parts car and go. The parts cars are two door also.
    I really would like to get two used door glasses. That way It don’t look goofy to the others. (They are cracked). Doors open and shut very well and the dash is untouched.
    It will get a dual master cylinder and front disc. The rear is a 3:55 posi. Good enough for now.
    Plan is to clean up /mild street sbc /gonna need a shifter I think. This one is toast. After looking its actually good to go. just wasnt bolted up tight.Don’t know if it is a Muncie 21 or 22. But it is a 4 speed hook. Has a engine but it’s down and out. I have the headers and all. headliners is gone but a replacement is less that 200. Might as well learn to do that too.
    Yes it will stay 210. I have a roll cage in every thing I own. A neat little 6 point would give that nasty look. May be steeles on all 4. I have a love for the look of widened stocker on the back. All ready have a set of narrow steeles for the front.
    Loudbang I still have the Anglia/ prefect to finish. and I’ll release some more news around X mas.
    This car will be driven. This is the first time in my life that I went and bought exactly what I wanted. And it wasn’t even new. Lol. I don’t want the look to change much. This was the magic look to a kid of the 70-80 in MS.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you will not be bored with nothing to do for a while

hotrodharry2, 1Nimrod, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's a great find, and looks like it wont take a lot of work to make it a driver.

1Nimrod, treb11, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Great score! I'd love to have a rack like that myself. As long as the runners are solid, it would be a great way to get to the bottom side.

1Nimrod, rpm56, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  23. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great score & save indeed!
    "Everything old, is new again"
    "Perfection cannot be rushed"

24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

My first race car trailer was made from a set. And even at a 100 plus it was straight as an arrow. Regretted the day I sold it. And it looked the part. Was only 3 inches off the ground.
    I will probobly let it role off/winch assisted onto my ramp truck. Then I’ll put a set of tires on them. Those a steel poles/concreted into the ground. and the rack is welded to them.

25. Squablow

Squablow

I love it, looks a lot like mine, mine was parked around the same time. I had a similar rumor come true on a different car, after so many other rumors turned out to be bullshit. I'm glad yours was real.

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like all cleaned up. Mine was mostly white when I got it, now it looks like that stuff that the janitor in grade school used to mop up puke. I think yours parked up high like that did it some good.

20200714_190630.jpg

What do the parts cars look like?

hotrodharry2, Rocky, 1Nimrod and 19 others like this.
  26. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

These stories are just endless and a happy day for you.

Deuces, 1Nimrod, mad mikey and 3 others like this.