Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big daddy's 1960 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Your tires and wheels? Does he have lug nuts, take a wire brush and some penetrating oil too

2. Funny but that wasn't on my list! I'm not dragging my trailer out there, I rented a uhaul trailer, picking it up when I get there. So no winch, but I'll figure that part out. I've got off topic weld wheels and I had to order lug nuts to fit them, $70 freaking dollars!! I think I've got everything loaded. Only concern I really have is if the 275/60-15 tires will fit on the back. 8" wheels with what looks like 4.5" backspace. I read on another forum that a guy is running those on his 60 wagon no problem, so I'm being positive. Just gotta Jack it up on the frame to get them on. I'll post pictures.

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

you can put a lot of tire under that vintage chevy, you should have no trouble... oh and 50 lashes for even owning off topic wheels......

Baumi, charleyw, dana barlow and 3 others like this.
  4. I took them in on trade! I swear lmao! But they're the only wheels I have that'll fit! Now I can't post any pictures when I load the car lmao :D

5. Oh yeah! Almost forgot the PB blaster!

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

and some hubcaps to put over those awful wheels....

7. How about you come off a set of chrome reverse and send them my way big boy? You're the reason I can't find anything lmao!

harpo1313, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  8. She's just a baby :D mean as a damn snake though!! She tore up about getting a good cab for her truck! I think it'll be a good trip, we're just excited to be going ;)

loudbang, 61Cruiser, scotty t and 3 others like this.
  9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Go to Walmart and get one of those portable winches, about $85 IIRC. It has a plate to slip over a hitch ball, you can get by running a chain through it and around the trailer toung. I have a snatch block I use with mine, makes it slower, but pulls twice as much. I’ve loaded several cars with mine, even drug a 5’ bush hog up the ramps and onto the trailer. Just make sure you leave your truck running as it will drain a battery pretty quick.

10. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I have the best luck pulling them backwards when trying to break them loose.

11. I just looked it up. A reese portable winch, like $75. They have them in stock so I'll stop and buy one. Gotta be easier than trying to push it on the trailer ;) thanks for the tip

loudbang, ClarkH and Peanut 1959 like this.
  12. Hopefully I can pull the rotor, shoes stuck and all, with some fire and my big ass slide hammer!

loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  13. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

It can be done, good luck. Hell, if I wasn't 2 1/2 hours away I'd bring my winch and help you load it.

loudbang likes this.
  14. I'm in Owasso, what a drive! Went to Bufords house and unloaded my truck, sitting at Logan's roadhouse waiting on a steak. Gotta get up in the morning and get to loading! I'll post some pictures then.

TFoch, scotty t, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  15. Lots of hot bread
    Mmmmmmm

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  16. spanners

spanners

Probably a bit late but what about some Elcheapo trailer rims and tyres from a parts place?

loudbang likes this.
  17. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone's excited. Did you sleep at all last night.
    Take and post pics documenting the epicness.
    And you need a duck paddle boat.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  18. ...we need pics even if it has wrong wheels...just put some cardboard in front of the wheels

19. Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    lewk, 427 sleeper, ClarkH and 2 others like this.
  20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Still no pics? Lloyd should be about home by now!

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  21. Yeah I just got home. Wore out! I'll tell more tomorrow :D IMG_8381.jpg

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Got it made

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    57 Fargo, loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  23. loudbang

loudbang

24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Is that bird shit on the fender? Good thing you weren't under that one. What the hell kind of birds you got out there?

Congrats! Tight fit on that trailer. No hard turns..

25. Looks like quite the load between the car and the cab. Glad you made it home ok.

26. I know, I know. You can delete the picture lol. They're the only rollers I had to use. And to my surprise Mark, the car was an automatic. So there's no Z bar :(. I'm sorry.

loudbang and Moriarity like this.
  27. That's the first thing I thought also lol, I even asked him what kind of bird did that! Looks like a tube of window silicone.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on getting it home - lots of fun ahead