Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Had To Have Another Five Window After All.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Spending lots of time in the garage. Nothing really exciting, mostly freshening things up. Flushed old brake fluid out of system while bleeding the brakes, after wheel cylinder replacement. Of course I had a new correct wheel cyl. in my stash, but did not find it until I purchased and installed the new one.:oops:
    Flushed out and replaced coolant today. Changed oil, after taking the coupe for a short spin to get it warmed up.
    It did not feel great. I checked the front end and it needs some toe-in. The 50 year old rollers don't help either.
    Now that I have the brakes and wheel bearing adjusted correctly the car feels better.
    I found a cracked grease fitting that was to large for the area between the steering arm and king pin boss. Small item but have to take that drum off again. I do like the way the stock 32 lights look with a dropped bar. Car looks much better. Again just lots of small things to do. I want to get past all this stuff before taking the front axle out to have it dropped and replace front and rear springs. Also front shocks will need to be remounted. So if you just read all this, you must have lots of time on your hands.:rolleyes:
    IMG_7457.JPG I thought I heard my sawzall calling!:eek: Just kidding.;)

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Very nice, I’m turning green here :D
    One way to resist the sawzall is to store it in a different location away from the shop and then conveniently don’t keep blades in the shop. :)

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

You don't see dropped stock bars often, nice feature. I'm happy with the drop on my stock '32 axle & spindle arms that Kohler Kustom did.

Bob

[​IMG]

4. I have a call into him! That bar is a reproduction that I painted the ends. It was on my roadster. Will most likely have my original done.
    Was that axle also stretched?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just a standard drop, I'm really impressed with the uniform shape of the I beam, one of the main reasons I used him. Bob

ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  6. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats ! Enjoy !

loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  7. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

That's a nice five window. When's the home coming party?

8. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly. So cool, good luck!

Stogy, ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  9. AHotRod

AHotRod

loudbang, Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great coupe, enjoy !

11. Took care of the front brakes and broken grease fitting that was ground down too much to make room for steering arm, repacked wheel bearings.
    Finished up the 32 headlights today and they work and look nice IMO. Start rear brakes tomorrow.
    IMG_7461.JPG IMG_7466.JPG IMG_7468.JPG

12. A Boner

A Boner

Good description of a Hot Rod I would like to own...”too nice to chop”!

Stogy, ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

14. In a sea of chopped 32s, unchopped is rather refreshing - I like it!

Stogy, AHotRod, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  15. Rear brakes / bearings done. Started making new front shock brackets to use with a dropped axle. IMG_7470.JPG IMG_7471.JPG IMG_7473.JPG

alfin32, tb33anda3rd, slug and 8 others like this.
  16. Still sorting out the coupe. Had it out for a test drive yesterday. It's getting there.:rolleyes: IMG_7476.JPG IMG_7479.JPG IMG_7480.JPG

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Like the plate! Is there a story behind that find? Bob

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  18. Finally getting back to my roadster. Finishing up the 3" chopped windshield last night. May get it in today. IMG_7482.JPG IMG_7484.JPG IMG_7486.JPG

19. Yes there is! ;)I will tell you one day.:rolleyes: It is an original CT 32 plate.:cool:

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Love the '32 coupe, and the direction you're taking it!

loudbang, Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  21. You will love those new style light reflectors, there will be no more shadows. HRP

22. swifty

swifty

Just found this thread after being away for 3 weeks. Congratulations Mark, this is just what you needed. Now you have a Winter project but it looks like you will have it all sorted before Winter gets too far. Then you'll have to wait for Spring to get to drive the hell out of it. I can see a certain roadster sitting forlornly in your shed next Summer LOL
    Are the new wheels red??
    BTW my axle dropping guy refused to drop my axle 5" and would not go more than 4 1/2" so that the axle retained it's original section. He is the only guy in Oz who provides engineering certification to satisfy "the powers that be".

23. Black wheels! All Black. If I paint the car Joe Boccuzzi Green then
    red wheels.

24. They were on my roadster.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Isn't there a Connecticut law concerning how many '32 5 windows one person is allowed to own in their lifetime ?
    How many so far Mark ? 25?, 30?:p

26. Only six, two I owned twice so that makes eight. Four five windows one 2 Dr, one Roadster. Two five windows twice.

Since were counting One 34 roadster, One 33 Vicky, One 30 roadster, One 30 -2dr, One 34 Chevy five window coupe.
    One Anglia (Don’t remember the year), four 55 Chevy’s one with a Pontiac eng. one with a 327, One 56 Chevy. One 54 Chevy, One 53 Buick, One 65 Corvette, One 66 -427 side oiler Cobra, One Pinto Wagon with a 289 v8 in it . One 49 chopped Chevy pickup. One 23 T , I’ve been around a long time. I know there were more , need to think about it. Oh, a 52 Ford with a Nailhead.
    The rest were mostly Chevy station wagon family cars.

27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, considering you're not hoarding them...and actually DO send them down the road, the State's Attorney General probably wouldn't pursue prosecution:p

28. @GregCT. is in trouble then.

29. Got the windshield on, color from hell still off a bit!:( IMG_7488.JPG IMG_7491.JPG