Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 35 door pull rope handle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stratplus, Nov 30, 2020.

1. stratplus

stratplus

Does anyone have a pic of how and where this door pull handle gets installed?

Attached Files:

2. 35cab

35cab

I am looking to install a set of these on my 35 cabriolet, I noted there are small holes that sort of match the spacing on the chrome spears/brackets, look like they would take sell tapping screws. They were just under the garnish moulding roughly , I was thinking about "nutserts" to give a better fixing. The cabriolet is a big door and I feel the rope handle is a better solution to pulling on the (already loose) handle. Obviously depending on body style the fitting might be slightly different.
    I would be interested in seeing how others have done this before I start poking holes in my new interior!

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

On my 35 sedan they were on the back of the original front seat for the rear seat passengers to grab onto.

4. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

X2, Looks like the rope for the back of the seat. Grab the edge of the window molding by the glass and pull. Not a lot there to work with but that is what I do.

5. The straps were mounted in yellow circled holes in my '35; looks like the panel was also made for an alternate position green circled holes. Mentioned this in my reply on the Barn; but no comments in reply, yet.

The rope on the back of sedan seats was for hanging robes (car blankets).
    IMAG0179 (Medium) - Copy.jpg

35cab likes this.
  6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Well, I learned what I need to today. The day is complete.

Mine does not have anything and always thought it was odd that there was not anything to help close the door.

7. stratplus

stratplus

8. I didn't care for the rope pulls; so I used ring pulls like I had on my '33 Tudors.
    IMG_20190618_225814 (Medium).jpg

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I dont care for rope pulls , it takes some time to get used to ,either slamming the door too hard , or not hard enough to latch the door properly causing another try. I like a solid pull.

alanp561 likes this.
  10. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

What years besides the 35's had the rope pulls?