Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2021 Detroit Autorama News

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Well...it’s gonna happen...won’t have to worry about snow..should be a great way to get ready for the car season..I’m happy with the change, as much as it was a nice way to break up the Winter...it sucked as a participant..I bet this will be huge...

Michigan Hot Rod Association has moved Autorama to a Spring show, April 30th - May 2nd

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man...right during prime migration. I'll be UP in Da Yoop. But I, too, think it'll be a good move.

3. Thanks for that update. Hope things look brighter by then. Could become the permanent date going forward?!:D;)

pprather, jim32 and Deuces like this.
  4. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Thanks, loveoftiki. I might consider entering the basement show this year, just depends on conditions then. Good to hear some good news for a change!

5. Hope it really happens. I do need to get up there sometime to hang out with my brother @just Matt Maybe 2021 should be the year.

Edit...just noticed my brother at least says he is going according to the FB event pic you posted above. He and two other friends so far. :D

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it. Nuff said...

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

thanks for the update

8. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I looked on line for a link that has the new dates but was unable to find it. If you have a website that has the revised dates please post it. I would like to forward the link to people I know that don’t read the HAMB.
    Thanks!
    Jim

9. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

I would like to see that date permanently too. Its early enough that its not time yet/wont compete with outdoor car shows and people haven't started doing any vacationing yet either. Also, it will pull a lot more cars. The hassle of getting a car in and out of detroit in the winter..... trailers (enclosed for most), its just too big of a hassle that most people don't want to go through the hassle and just don't bring anything. I think it would make the show much...much bigger.

10. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

I try to go every year, I think I've been to at least the last 5. I'm not sure how many more cars they can fit in there, the place always seems packed. Even the basement seemed like it was jammed the last few times I've gone. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know how it could be any bigger unless they expand outside or something? It'll be much nicer for the guys (and gals) taking cars for sure.

11. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Numbers have been declining for about the last 10 years. There are big open areas upstairs that were never there a decade ago. The basement is much more spread out than it use to be, and no offense to anyone, but there's been some pretty sub-par stuff down there the last few years.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Yep...agreed...there’s a ton of unused space upstairs..also could do a better job of putting cars in..but I think they’re doing what they gotta do to fill
    the room..and yes the basement has had some junk as of late..hell the horny dudes bus took up half an isle..no doubt numbers and quality of cars has been on the decline..I’m hoping this will happen and it will be big..Hell might even have to whip up a Poor Boys Display..

13. Well that may have been pre mature..I guess we’ll see what happens
    9AE41563-0378-444B-82A2-5FC8CF39D43B.jpeg

14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

According to the web site, it says March 5 - 7. Please correct me if I'm wrong?
    https://autorama.com/attend/detroit/

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. MHRA is the group that puts the show on..They announced on their site yesterday about the date change...then today posted the Homer Simpson “Doh” pic stating they may have jumped the gun, but will be announcing updates dates and times in the next few days

@Harms Way may have some insight...

16. Sweet...it will be end of April...
    6A93396E-B360-482A-8680-43511D2EE0AD.jpeg

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is good. Hopeful.
    I need it. We need it.
    End of April, beginning of May. Here in Michigan, the weather could be really nice or at least trying hard to be. Absolutely better than January February. For sure, a feeling of new life in the air. Looking forward to it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  18. derbydad276

derbydad276

Do It outside ......Move it to Belle Isle ....that way it could be secured
    the Roll Out could be over the MacArthur Bridge....

Deuces, Rickybop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Belle Isle is a GREAT IDEA!

Deuces likes this.
  20. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

The possibility of nicer weather could mean more entries. That could mean outdoor activities. Preferred parking. Cruises from TCF to Belle Isle. Yada, yada. We'll see.

21. flathead4d

flathead4d

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Deuces likes this.
  22. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Unfortunately the ocd guys upstairs that literally wrap their tires with saran wrap when rolling them out of the trailer.. would probably have some concerns with an outside show..

23. I just want to go back for a Filet Mignon and a couple of glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon at the Monroe Street Steakhouse.:) FB_IMG_1583014186297 (1).jpg

Just Gary, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. adam401

adam401

I'm interested in getting my car into the basement part of the show. My wife and I visited the area once for literally 36 hours to visit the Henry Ford Museum. We really want a chance to go back and spend a little more time exploring. It would be cool to drop the car off, explore Motor City and see a bucket list show too. Gonna look into it. If they have a very dimly lit corner of the basement I might have a chance to sneak the coupe in.
    Gonna mail in my application this weekend for the traditional section so we shall see

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Belle Isle... that would be nice.
    Call it, "The Basement".
    Two completely different shows at the same time.
    More room at the exhibition building for the guys with Saran wrapped tires. Very elite and sanitary... as they like it.
    And lots of room at Belle Isle for the guys with dirty tires. Sunshine and the smell of exhaust... as we like it.
    I'd go to both shows.

Only thing about springtime here. A good chance of rain.

Deuces and hotrodharry2 like this.
  26. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I haven't been to Belle Isle for years. Are there any indoor facilities that would work for a car show?

27. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

MHRA used to have their fall picnic there back in the 70's, as I remember.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Is the Gathering of the Faithful aka Autorama happening in Detroit this year? Anyone going? I haven't heard any discussion about it....or maybe I missed it....

29. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan