Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Getting something done!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Never gonna happen.....

loudbang, scotty t and 427 sleeper like this.
  2. I'm just kidding! I bet you can drive it before you go to the mill tonight! :D

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  3. Not gonna happen!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Well it won't have turn signals by my deadline. The wires on the NOS turn signal switch i tried to install were too brittle. Oh well, i ordered a new one but i doubt it will be here in time. I am making progress tho. Nothing worthy of a picture, sorry!

31hotrodguy, loudbang, enloe and 2 others like this.
  5. How's everything else coming along buddy

6. I'm a little slow at the moment, working nights makes me kinds wonky.

loudbang and enloe like this.
  7. The column is done! The turn signal switch came in real quick. A lot of work went into that thing. It started with old chrome shift collar and turn sig. housing, then i rolled a piece of stainless flashing to fit the tube. After that i decided to add power steering so the shaft had to be shortened and a bearing added to the bottom end. It wasn’t as easy as it sounds tho. It needed a shit ton of tweaks to get to this point.
    DCA16430-C973-4DA4-BB9D-6C6E08EF3209.jpeg

Butch M, enloe, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  8. I think it looks kinda cool, the problem is some people will mistake it for a store bought chrome china column! 7EF81EC0-C4EE-4843-A46E-C03B2E41F3D3.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Butch M, enloe, Squablow and 9 others like this.
  9. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Wow! Man that looks great!! I really like the column!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Thanks, like a lot of things i do nobody will notice when it’s done:D

11. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Subtle modifications that you really have to look for that look like they were done by the factory are my favorite!

12. I didn't make it. I got a lot done tho and that was the real goal anyway. The wifey is making a nice dinner and I have to work 10am to 10pm for the next 7 days so I'm heading in the the house before I start cutting corners.

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  13. Whatcha got left to fire it up brother?

loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  14. A little fuel system re-do, crimp ends on the plug wires, set timing, a little re-do on wiring and probably a slew of incidentals.

loudbang, carpok, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  15. You're about there buddy!

16. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Great read love the passion you have for your Dad’s Corvette your making him proud I’m sure. The 56 is really coming out nice your choices in drive train and everything else couldn’t be more perfect. Can’t wait to see more of the corvette. Something I don’t think people or parents have any idea how much kids are influenced by the small things that happen.

Attached Files:

17. I took a break from the 56 to visit the vette and drop off some parts including a scoop, by the time i got home Patrick sent me this pic.
    @lumpy 63 AD2857CE-8E44-44D3-91AB-074A12028FBA.jpeg

Butch M, enloe, chevy57dude and 5 others like this.
  18. Hey wait a minute, thought you said orange? That scoop is black! :p

enloe, Thor1, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  19. I've been convinced to forget about orange:p

Thor1, loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  20. You’re right about the small stuff!

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  21. More pics rolling in tonight
    EC01F618-211A-484F-A818-F3B9F5FF8397.jpeg 0D83CB96-C3EE-4BA8-9DC7-6B888F5F4C12.jpeg 4DC68775-41B0-43D8-9C41-2142AE4B44B6.jpeg

Butch M, enloe, chevy57dude and 5 others like this.
  22. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  23. Love the car, l love the 350 horse 327 even more. One of my all time favourite engines. I ran one in a 64 Corvette, and that was a lovely engine. My buddy had the carburetted 365 hp version, and that engine was sublime! Good luck on your project.
    Bob

Thor1, 31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

And it's a FOMOCO part :rolleyes:

enloe, Thor1 and scotty t like this.
  25. Sadly the 327 is not going to happen. The machine shop sat on it for quite a while then the covid hit so i pulled out fearing for my job. I have since ordered a crate motor. Not as cool i know.

26. The 56 belair and my 48 plym have ford rear axles!

27. I like the teardrop scoop on it. Seems that is one of those love it or hate it deals. I put one on a 55 Chevy years ago to cover up a blower and some loved it while others hated it. The car changed hands and the new owner had me put a 4” cowl in its place. I still liked the teardrop better on a car as round as a 55 which also applies to your vette.

enloe, Thor1, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  28. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Sadly the 327 is not going to happen. The machine shop sat on it for quite a while then the covid hit so i pulled out fearing for my job. I have since ordered a crate motor. Not as cool i know.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your 327. I know my machine shop guy said he was having a really difficult time getting basic stuff especially for Chevy because of the shut downs. Luckily I have only had odd ball Pontiac stuff so it hasn’t taken me as long to have stuff done. Lol

29. Dress the crate like a vintage 327. 99% will never know. Looking great. Small details is what makes building fun.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. I painted the aluminum heads orange and running finned aluminum valve covers with an L79 dual snorkel aircleaner. At first glance it looks old!