Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods not much time left

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Brown, Aug 22, 2020.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Prayers for you both, I lost my dad from that nasty disease :(

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  2. S Baltera

S Baltera

GOD BLESS you and your DAD.My Dad is almost 81 and still full of piss and vinegar .Im very BLESSED .Remember its not the B'days and holidays that you remember the most.Its those little unimportant times that your together at a swap meet or car cruise when Dads telling old stories with his buddies to your buddies about all the HELL they raised when they were young.There the the times that mean the most. PRAYERS TO YOUR FAMILY..

Thor1 likes this.
  3. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Ron, never easy to see the man we always looked up to , learned from, made our lives possible , provided for us ,the man we thought of as superman , our Dad ,deteriorating before our eyes . You and your dad our in our prayers , praying the Lord will comfort you your dad and loved ones . Hang in there God bless you both .

arkiehotrods, Thor1 and trollst like this.
  4. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a quick update....The man that instilled this lifestyle in me, my Dad, passed tonite and his long battle with cancer is finally over.....thanks to you all for the well wishes this post originally brought....hug your loved ones, they are gone so fast.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

Ron, my thoughts are with you and your family. All the best.

Brent

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and your family @Ron Brown and friends of your Dad in your loss...never easy...

Regards,
    Stogy

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. So sorry to hear Ron. You will be in my prayers. My dad is 89. I cherish every day I have with him. Life is too short. Take care, and know you'll get to see him again. I really believe that! Ron F.

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Tom

Stogy, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  9. Country Joe

Country Joe

Sorry for your great loss.

10. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Sincere condolences to you and your family. Hang tight to all those good memories you have.

11. v8flat44

v8flat44

My heart aches for you Ron & family. Lost my Dad to the same...........prayers .......

12. loudbang

loudbang

Sorry for your loss. :(

Stogy, Elcohaulic and TFoch like this.
  13. Sorry for your loss...looks like you have great memories to hold on to...

loudbang, Stogy, pitman and 1 other person like this.
  14. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

Ron, sorry for your loss, you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

loudbang, Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  15. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Sorry brother. I wish me and my old man had a good relationship now. I miss hanging out with him. Awesome that you got to spend some time with him.

16. So sorry to hear Ron. Praying for comfort for you and your family in this time. Jeff

17. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear Ron, but great that he started you along with this hobby we all love. My dad turned 89 in November but this Covid crap keeps us physically apart as they live in a senior apartment complex that is locked down. He and my grandfather got me started in the hobby.

Relationships can be fixed. Do your part to make it happen.

loudbang, Stogy, 40ragtopdown and 2 others like this.
  18. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and your family Ron. One of the toughest things in life is watching your parents get old.

19. So sorry, Ron. I'm glad you were able to spend time with him over the last while.

20. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Sorry to hear this. Will be thinking and praying for you and your family. The next few days aren’t easy. My dad passed Nov. 27th 14 years ago so this time of year is always tough. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. God speed to your Dad on his journey and prayers sent to you and your family.:(

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Godspeed to your Father and praying for your family. He'll always be with you. Lippy

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  23. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am so sorry Ron. I knew your post was coming sooner and later, but you're still not ready to hear the news when it comes. Please accept my deepest, heartfelt condolences. Your HAMB family grieves with you today. I will be praying for your family.

Godspeed Mr. Brown!

loudbang, Stogy and Algoma56 like this.
  24. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

So sorry for your loss. Hang on to the great memories of your dad..

loudbang, Stogy, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  25. I tied my Dad's oxygen bottle to the back of an old Harley and loaded him up for a ride through the Red Woods on his 80th birthday. That was July, he passed the following January. If you get the chance it is best to git er done. You really only get one day and he really only has one life.

You done good. :cool:

26. loudbang, Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  27. Sorry for your loss.

Keith

28. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

Ron,I'm very sorry to hear of your loss,when I read these things I look back at when I lost my dad at 24 years of age.I'm 66 now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.Every time I see one of my cars that I know he would have given anything to own I'm reminded of the sacrifices he made so we always had plenty .Every time I work on one of the cars I'm reminded and grateful of all the things he taught me and somehow I know he's very aware of where I'm at.It does get easier but I'll never forget. Ken

29. Ron, please except my heart felt condolences, I wish I had the words to console you and ease the loss, Your dad did a great job raising you and instilled what is important, I'm sure he was proud of you and your accomplishments. HRP

30. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry for your loss--prayers for you and family--cherish the memories. Lost mine in 78 at 59 years old. Still dwell on it. Think of him every time I use one of his old tools.