Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB MEMBER SIGN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 11, 2020.

1. grumpy65

grumpy65

Hey @Lloyd's paint & glass, it always seems you are damned if you do and damned if you don't around here.

I think your idea for a sign shows a very proactive approach toward greater interaction between HAMB members. This can only be a good thing, right? Most would, it seems, agree. Some, however, will always see new members as "the young pretenders", and be reactive to even the best of suggestions made with the best of intentions. They should instead be welcoming of the next generations coming forward to carry the torch.

Go for it, my friend. The future depends on members of your calibre and passion.;)

Also, a bit of friendly advice to some. Jumping into the middle of a thread without bothering to bring yourself up to speed with what is going on can be ill advised. The friction it sometimes causes is unneeded and, frankly, a waste of time to the rest of us who have invested a precious part of our life reading from the beginning.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Yeah i asked about taking a shit in that box, he just laughed. Told me we're taking out the middle man. And if he finds anything he'll "fix" it while he's "in there"

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You'll have plenty of it in the hours leading up to the big day. Have plenty of reading material in the loo.

When I had my first one, at 50, I came in with a couple of proctologist jokes to break the ice. No good, they've heard them all. Then, get this, I'm on the table, naked from waist down, anesthesiologist and Dr. getting prepped. The door opens and several youngsters with pad and paper enter. "Oh BTW, we have some college students here to observe, that OK?" What the hell, let's make a party out of it! Fortunately by that time I was barely conscious, and they were gone when I awoke, but I still figure one of these days I'll get recognized on the street. "Hey I remember you.."

Desoto291Hemi and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. 5window

5window

I'm a vet and it always takes me way longer than most because all the doctors and staff want to ask questions about their pets. That's fine before hand, but lord knows what I tell them coming out of anesthesia. And, somehow, anesthesiologists always tell me how they always wanted to be a vet. Got to watch those folks!

5. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

As a Vietnam Vet, Sorry About You’re Dad. And Thank You To HIM.

The37Kid and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably not unless you were bottomless while you were on the street:eek::eek:;)

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

8. Oh yeah! It was gonna cost me around $500 the best I remember, and there was so much negativity on the subject that I decided not to waste my time and upset tradition lmao!

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I for one appreciate your effort and sorry about the result....
    Dave

10. Let's revisit the plan once this apocalypse has moved on ;)

11. @Bad Bob, I'm in for 2021.

HAMB FIREWALL TAG at LAR show 2010-1a.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    chryslerfan55, Boneyard51 and Thor1 like this.
  12. I actually have 2 banners. Cause i lost the first one for a while. Then I found it. I'm all in for 2021! Those were fun times.

Thor1 and Boneyard51 like this.
  13. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm fine with the HAMB secret ass grab. If you think someone is a HAMBer just come up behind him and grab his ass. It works every time.

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Although most of Lloyds "schemes" are usually questionable at best...his sign idea is a pretty good one:p

Count me in for 2021 too:D

Boneyard51, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  15. Great idea to resurrect the HAMB Camp. I hope to caravan down with the SanLuis Roadsters guys and wI’ll see you guys there.

16. WAS THAT YOU??? :eek: HRP

17. 4 finger Frankie has a huge Hamb banner he raises up over his encampment at the Charlotte Auto Fair and he and his follow vendors all gather there together.

"The Village of the HAMBed". :D HRP

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F-1.jpg