Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HOW MANY WOMEN ARE BUILDING CARS ON THE H.A.M.B.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chop job, Aug 17, 2020.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife has helped assemble every car we have done. From helping with engine install to hanging all sheet metal and trim install etc-she has the eye for it and is very meticulous. 13 40's her 55 twice a 62 vette and my 57 Fuely. No other helpers involved.

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My wife used to help me all the time with my projects/cars/drag racing without complaint; thought I won the lottery with the girl, but as the years have gone by, so has her enthusiasm. We came to an agreement even before we got married, that if she would't ever complain about my hobby, cars, how much I spent on them, etc, that anytime I sold anything, she would get the proceeds of those sales. She's made out pretty good a couple times, especially when I sold my 51 Chevrolet Business Coupe that my nephew and I built. That was a really hard, "hand-over-the money", deal!!! But, you know what they say, happy wife, happy life; and she puts up with me I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. The two of you are the real deal. Always enjoy chatting with ya’ll at the local events. I learn something new every time. I know the GMC will be top notch.

4. Wish you were closer. My wagon would be proud to be her first customer.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

Takes a special lady who likes to work on cars. My wife was only concerned about me keeping hers running

Hmnnn. Might have something to do with me growing old by myself;)

chryslerfan55 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  6. Lol she ain't made it just yet, I'm gonna buy her a used commercial machine very soon. She's always practicing and all of my local buddies have told her that she can practice on their stuff lol. She's already asked me to pull the seats back out of my car, but she's gotta have a real sewing machine first. I'm proud of her. She's doing a real good job

Elcohaulic, Stogy, Boneyard51 and 3 others like this.
  7. Marcia

Marcia

Thank you so much! You can also follow the build in Facebook, the Flying Seven.
    Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’m trying to get into upholstery and other sewing crap.There never seems to be anyone that will do sewing around here.Just scored this commercial walking foot AA6DB972-0C4F-4A19-9AD4-54DD8059265C.jpeg machine the other day for $200! Going to give it a try!

Bones

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Marcia

Marcia

11. ........She mentioned once that she is in the Lehigh Valley area, but wasn't more specific as far as I know. She also said she was a member of the Wheels of Time SRA.

chryslerfan55 and Marcia like this.
  12. My wife comes to my shop a couple times every decade or so and asks what I am working on. Usually because she wants me to make he a piece of furniture or something. Does that count?

rusty valley, chryslerfan55 and X-cpe like this.
  13. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Kissam is another, she built Tuffy

chryslerfan55 and Marcia like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually those are links to your and Sara's Build Threads for anyone interested in checking them out...;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  15. Marcia

Marcia

Thanks, thats close by.
    Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Retrorod

Retrorod

My wife of 48 years introduced me to the HAMB many years ago (maybe 1999?) while she was searching for grille ideas on her flatty truck. She still drives it, never changes it, just maintains it. She’s still a pretty good fabricator and actually taught me to sew over the past few years. This photo is a bit old but the truck is the same now...my grandson is 18 now (drives a v-8 mini truck I built for him). I think she was on here as “Flower”.

Attached Files:

triumph 1, chryslerfan55 and Marcia like this.