Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBers you would enjoy meeting in person.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Nov 29, 2020.

1. prpmmp

prpmmp

Wow!! A lot of smart people on the H.A.M.B., Did not see my name, believe me I would not want to meet me either, ever day when I shave I need two hands to keep from slicing my own neck!! Pete

2. That's a good question Don. I look foward to meeting you one day. I've been to events like the Jalopyrama, and showdown. I have even seen you car, but just haven't ran into you. Yeah, I'd like to meet all you HAMB'ers. We all have alot in common. Everyone's welcome to stop by my place anytime. But I've been told that I may talk too much. lol I would really like to visit Mark Moriarity's place. { But who wouldn't? } I'd better not start mentioning names, as I know I would forget someone for sure. If I had one of these Transporter things, I'd pop in on all you guys. But for now, I'll just to have visit ya on here. Ron...[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Lil32, Sandgroper, jim snow and 10 others like this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Ron, with all the knowledge of the HAMB, I think that the above might be a possibility (as long as it's powered by vintage equipment)!? Hokie Ass Transporter (HAT)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Texas57, Lil32, Sandgroper and 5 others like this.
  4. Here is how it works. We have done it many many times. You pick an event. You propose a time and announce it here. For weekend type shows such as BTT50s we always ended up with a Sat afternoon time 2 or 3 pm. You also have to pick a spot that is easy to find, room for hot rod parking and preferably shade. Some times food is involved. Sometimes nametags. Many of us have Banners just for this type of thing. Mine is a HAMBbq banner that Evilstepdad printed. The funny thing is tho......I would say about 30% of the people that show are super socially awkward.

5. Denise (hotrodladycruzer) was always organizing meet & great's at appointed times when attending event's, she pulled together large and small event's and that's how I finally met her in Knoxville,Tennessee.

I met a bunch of hambers that day, she encouraged me to host it the next year, so promptly at 12 PM on Saturday I was at the appointed place 30 minutes before and I was there until 12:30, I looked like Lonesome George Gobble, I just don't have the star quality that Denise has. :D:rolleyes: HRP

Lil32, rockable, Boones and 9 others like this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

lmao

catdad49, Lil32, rockable and 11 others like this.
  7. I think the first meat and greet we had was BTT50s in 2000 or 2001 organized by BobK. Some of the West Coast guys may have had something around that time at Paso or another event

8. Meet and Greet from one of the Jalopy Showdowns @ Latimore Valley Fairgrounds, Latimore, Pa. jalopy showdown (1) (1).jpg 13138955_10207532016992672_26711837528867057_n.jpg

9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I wondered about that. Rural desert, right? I mean, it isn't like we could hurt anything. Much. I should clarify my earlier statement, it isn't that we're "unruly" drunks, or even drunks, for that matter.

"Mostly Peaceful"? lol

10. Meet and Greet from one of the Jalopyramas @ Annapolis National Guard Armory. groupshot.jpg

11. Not really a Meet and Greet per se, but a group of Maryland HAMBers just having a Social Group get together. Summer of 2015. Sept 2015 Md HAMB Social @ Szuba's (1).JPG

hrm2k, lothianwilly71, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  12. Honest, I was there.:D 12019836_1246272985398185_3439067659535294387_n.jpg

hrm2k, lothianwilly71, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  13. -Brent-

-Brent-

BobK could make anyone comfortable. His first words to me were jokingly... he knew how to break the ice. We need more men like him.

Denise, I met her in passing at the LSRU 10th anniversary. She is an absolute social butterfly, her smile and demeanor was contagious. Though, I was probably one of those awkward people Trent talks about. It takes me a minute.

The reason Bob and Denise are so endearing is because they are so accepting. @Bad Bob is the same way.

Chili Phil, Lil32, Boones and 5 others like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am honored and humbled to be mentioned, anyone here are always welcome if they are in town and want to see my crappy stuff....

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Bear ( Surf City ) but he's gone now, so your second choice Mark!

16. Crappy stuff indeed! :rolleyes:

Nothing crappy at Marks place except the business the neighbors dog did in your front yard. HRP

17. HECK YES !

18. 34Larry

34Larry

My 1st choice would be 3WLarry. I guess I came in after he left us????

Lil32 and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd like to meet someone who will store my Dodge inside for free so I have more room in my shop.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

oooh... I thought of one, I don't know his name, but he draws cool cars on wooden boards in the Art Show. he has a great style in his work.

21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

The only late great I never met was Bruce Lancaster. God I miss that guy here.

I really think I have more friends here I’ve never met, than anyone I could come up with in person.
    Would love to meet you all.....
    The Old H.A.M.B. guys and alot of new ones.

22. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Too many I'd like to meet.

I'd be the one at a get together walking around with a measuring tape, measuring body dimensions and a tape recorder asking bunches of questions and recording them so I didnt forget the answers !!

After awhile they'd probably ask me to leave for bothering all the guests!!

Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Btw thats not to say that when HRP or moriarty or Lloyds might get home they might find me in their trunk :D

24. silent rick

silent rick

25. I will likely take you up on that offer someday if you are serious... :D My company recently was bought out by another in Minnesota and appears from a quick google maps search...it would only take me about 30 minutes or so to get to your place one of the times I end up in that neighborhood if this pandemic crap ever ends...

26. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

no problem, just give me a day or 2 heads up

27. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Like Groucho M said......"I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member". I'd like to meet every one of you guys and gals. Met a few of you already. :)

beegator, Lil32, 40two and 7 others like this.
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I've seen all the photos Mark but I sure would like the opportunity to be the first one to dirty up that new kitchen.:p
    How do you like your eggs?

Stogy, Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and 4 others like this.
  29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I like my eggs the way they make em at scotty b's.....