Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBers you would enjoy meeting in person.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Nov 29, 2020.

1. I wasn’t that far from ya twice recently. My youngest is being recruited by a couple small schools in Kentucky. He has offers from them. If he goes to one, I’ll be there at games in the bus. Maybe look ya up.
    I guess I quoted the wrong comment.
    Meant for @Lloyd's paint & glass

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. I use to live down the road from NoSurf, plus for seven years worked at the same place that Povertyflats worked. Also got to meet some COOL and popular Hambers that associated with these two guys, when the KKOA car show happened in Salina, KS. NoSurf and Povertyflats both moved away from Kansas, and I sure miss hanging out with these two guys!

Roothawg, NoSurf, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  3. Heck yeah man, which schools is he looking at?

4. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This all sounds great. As a relative newcomer to HAMB, I’ll ask if there is any effort for HAMBers to meet up at organized car shows, swap meets, etc?

If so, how is it advertised?

If not, let’s do it.

5. Probable never heard of em. Center and Lindsey Wilson. Both expensive private schools but are offering for academics and sports. Dang kid has a 4.1 gpa. Told the wife I want a dna test. He has offers/roster spots from at least 4 small schools now.
    The bus would look great parked at games
    there.
    We have a school close by us looking at him. Told him to drive his 61 Chevy there.
    This is why I stopped all my other projects when schools shut down in the spring. Spent that time with him building his truck.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I would like to spend the day with Mr. Ryan Cochran at his shop

7. familiar with center college. Hope it all works out for him brother :D

8. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I haven't read any of the responses, but ten bucks says Squirrel is trending.

I think he should have a kegger, and we'd all show up, amirite? Squirrel do you have room for about 50 to 100 drunk and unruly hoodlums on relatively short notice?

Think of it like "Burning Man", except for H.AM.B.

9. First time to visit that part of Kentucky
    Beautiful country.

10. Maybe a HAMB power tour type of event.
    Meet up somewhere and spend a day or 10 cruising around.
    Closed to only members.
    All info would be sent in DM
    Keep it all on the down low.

11. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would start with you Danny, and Paul from Lahar Valley, a bunch of guys who helped me whose names escape me at the moment and all them guys in the Black Hills where I was born and raised.

Edit: I forgot IronTrap. I donated a part to the Skelly 34 project because I love his projects.

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. How could I forget to mention Hotrodprimer! Danny is the first guy I started looking for when I arrived here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I agree! Had the pleasure to meet Anthony a couple years back at a show but didn’t get to spend much time with him. I also see 26troadster from time to time. I met one guy from Birmingham that has a blue Mopar coupe street/strip car kinda like Brian’s, but can’t remember his name, don’t think he posts anymore.

I’ve said before I’d like to hang out with HRP, I used to haul in his area a lot, but too far to go anymore .Hope to get up to 56Don’s one day, and maybe I can run into Squirrel if drag week is ever close again. Wouldn’t mind meeting Old Wolf and Bones, either, but like the rest of you hoodlums, they’re too far away.

15. squirrel

squirrel

Sure, I have lots of room. But it seems that I have to travel, usually to the midwest, to meet folks on the HAMB :)

It's worth the trip, though

16. Need to ask old wolf if we can dig through his stash of old parts and tricks. I haven’t heard from him in a while and his message is set to private.

it was great getting to meet ya at the Mule Day celebration. dang it was hot

17. Gene Cromer
    Quain Stott
    Mart

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I think he got banned. He is more a collector, he seemed to have a good eye on what to save.

Hoping after I retire next year I can get out more, haven’t been anywhere this year.

19. Well crap. Wonder what happened.
    He had some bus pieces we were taking about.

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Tons of guys here I would like to meet that are active now, and I kinda feel like I know them. Sometimes when an old thread pops up I see guys that were active years ago, I punch on their profile page and see that they have not posted anything in years. I wonder what happened to them?

Bones

21. Same here. Look up something in the search and find a 5-10 year old thread and see a lot of avatars and names that haven’t posted in a long time.

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aww shucks Don...you're making me blush:p
    100_4895.jpg

41 GMC K-18, Stogy, Lil32 and 9 others like this.
  23. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Being an Olds guy I would like to meet @Paul :)

Stogy, Lil32, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  24. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

You would like Paul, he is the real deal !

Stogy, Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and 3 others like this.
  25. Paul

Paul
    Editor

You guys crack me up.

Stogy, Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and 4 others like this.
  26. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:)

Stogy, Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

It's a hard one for sure, I'd love to catch up with any of you hoodlums. :D
    I tend to look for Squirrel, HRP, Anthony Myrick, to name just a few. Miss Old Wolf a lot, would have liked to go through his stash. And of course Lloyd, he could almost be an honorary Aussie. :eek: I think we would probably get locked up if we got together. Can't forget the boys from CT as well, always good reading.

Boneyard51, Stogy, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  28. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

How could I forget Ratty and Vedette from France. Awe inspiring builds and entertaining.

29. I got to meet Poverty Flats(Paul) while at the Roundup a few years ago.
    My wife and I spent quite a bit of time with him ( he was more than happy to keep her entertained while I cruised the swap meet).
    And he also introduced us to the late Bob K.
    2 Hamb legends I’m pleased I got to meet.
    They are off the wish list.

Stogy, Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and 4 others like this.
  30. Heck, pretty sure that most of my best friends in real life are HAMBers... I have had opportunity to meet lots of guys on here over the years and don't know that I can narrow down a list of just a few that I would still like to meet. I used to travel for work some and would try to find local HAMBers in the area I was going to seeing if we could have dinner or just hang out and talk cars or something. Pretty sure about any of us have enough in common to be able to hang out and talk for hours...

I have had opportunity to meet many of the main HAMB contributors from years ago up until now whether it be at events like the HAMB drags or LSRU, or other events in the midwest or south. Lots of great folks for sure.

hrm2k, NoSurf, Lil32 and 5 others like this.