Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features SAW THIS OLD DRAGSTER IN NEW N.H. THINKING OF BUYING IT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old32, Nov 27, 2020.

1. rusty valley

rusty valley

while i do not know the man personally, i do know he is quite well respected in the east for his flathead skills. the car looks to me like it was done on a budget with what was on hand in the shop, then lots of fun after that. i can appreciate that

flatford8 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

It’s easy to shit on the pictures..... it ran at Winterport I think within five years or so ..... most of the people on this forum would like to know half of what that man has forgotten...... and you should hear him pick a Martin guitar.... Mark

3. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The electric fan and plastic blades is kind of a turn off, and the body and uhhhhh:confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes:

4. Callmaker

Callmaker

Getting rid of the yeller might help alot..

57JoeFoMoPar likes this.
  5. 2935ford

2935ford

I'm not sure. It was there when I dropped off and picked up my engine he built. He mentioned it to us but sorry I have forgotten what was said. He has a '40 Ford flathead 4 deuce carb coupe and a Model A coupe with a B motor. He is a very interesting fellow!

adam401 likes this.
  6. getow

getow

Well, me, and im sure everyone else who chimed in, wants to know..... Whats the asking price on it?

rudestude likes this.
  7. old32

old32

I CAN GET IT FOR 8500.00

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. Sounds like a decent price for a stout flathead and drive line
    Front end
    Possibly the chassis

what would your plans be for it ?

9. Kind of reminds me of something you might see at a county fair tractor pull if it had different rear tires!

alanp561 and 5window like this.
  10. my first thought was to make a clone of this: images.jpeg proportions are right

11. Always thought Marilyn (Beverley Owens) was hot!;) I guess she just looked so good next to the rest of the family.:p RIP Beverley

[​IMG]

Lil32, Flathead Dave and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. getow

getow

Hmmm. Well, id consider what exactly your plan was with it. Driveline should be worth something if thats da route you were taking. Then try to recoupe some of your investment. Maybe the authenticity should be checked more thoroughly if thats your intentions also. Did you drive it? Or at least hear it run?

13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that Is Pat Priest

14. catdad49

catdad49

15. they do look alike 09_marilyn.jpg s-l1600.jpg

16. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

It must be really fast, because it ran off and left pretty way behind.....

17. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

30tudor likes this.
  18. Fordors

Fordors

Walt used to be a regular on Ford Barn, maybe with age creeping up on him he just got tired of the whole scene and is getting out. I think he may be in his early 80's. As far as when he built the car it was at least 6-8 years ago that he put a different trans in and changed the steering and a few other things. I'll take a guess that he built the car ten years ago. Also, the comments that he is a respected F/H builder on the east coast are right on the money.

warbird1 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`m like the rest. The body looks like a jeep. Change the seat and steering wheel and a couple other things. . But the frame , suspension and motor look correct for the time period.

20. Come on man, you have to ask?
    The classifieds will deliver your answer in due course.
    This thread is just priming the market.

21. old32

old32

THANK YOU

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  22. I think you are correct! Hey she was hot also.:D

Moriarity likes this.
  23. spanners

spanners

Doesn't look too far removed from the HA'GR in my avatar. Some scoffed at it but after 7 years of having a blast in it I couldn't give a fat rat's arse about what people think. Just respect it for how the owner built it, low budget and fun in mind.
    As I used to say to the cynics, "Where's your car? I don't see it in the staging lanes".

flatford8 and harpo1313 like this.
  24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Potential. That chain steering looks scary, the body looks like a dumpster. Maybe put a glass T body on it with normal steering and have fun with it....

25. toml24

toml24

In 1964 popular driver Butch Farrell brought this creation to the oval track races at Ascot Park Gardena, CA. Upon close examination by officials the word was passed to Butch "Don't ever bring that thing to this track again".
    1964-LYNN7-ascot-unkn-butch and car.jpg

catdad49 and rusty valley like this.
  26. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Identity crisis. Doesn't know if it's old or modern. Lot's of great parts!.

saltracer219 likes this.
  27. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

It does have alot of new parts that takes away any vintage vibe i potentially could have, but it sure could be made to look like an old race car for sure. But it is hard to see at a first glance. Just so it hapens ”the american hot rod foundation” posted this today. And it is really close to the posted cars. IMG_2791.JPG

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

28. basicbob

basicbob

Looks more like mobile engine test stand.

29. Very early hot rods were built like this car. And they weren't very pretty. This yellow car is of course a much later build than the late 20's and early 30's hot rods it represents. I expect the guy driving ''the bug' is just as proud of his car are we of ours. They're hot rod history. How fast has the yellow car been anyway? the bug.jpg 30's-40's hot rods.jpg

wraymen likes this.
  30. badshifter

badshifter

From what I’ve seen and read in your other posts, it is EXACTLY what you would buy.

lurker mick and Moriarity like this.