Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects NOS parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binky, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Binky

Binky

I have just acquired a very large collection of parts from an old country repair garage, it has been picked over a lot before I ended up with it. I would like to find part # books for MOOG,Toledo,Torque, Permite, Sealed power. I have found about 13 items on line so far but have many to go. Thousands of brake rivets all sizes for anyone who does their own still ? Have three pr. of bumper irons and no idea what they fit. If anyone would like a picture, send me an email and I'll get a picture out.

2. alchemy

alchemy

Show us pics of the brake rivets.

The37Kid likes this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

And pics of the bumper irons, someone will id them I bet.

Texas Webb likes this.
  4. scotts52

scotts52

I have an old brake rivet machine. Post pics up here.

5. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

Moriarity may need the brake rivets to compliment his spark plug set collection.

6. Binky

Binky

Sorry Alchemy, I am way in over my head here ! I am having trouble trying to learn how to work on here and to post pictures ? Not sure if I can do that either . If I take shots with my digital camera,then move them to my computer, where do I go from there ? Appreciate any tutoring . Thanks, Bob

7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You then select "UPLOAD A FILE" then select the picture you want to post and open it and it will come up in your post

olscrounger likes this.
  8. Binky

Binky

Well I tried with no luck. I know the pictures are on my MAC but they will not show when I try to post them ! Same for Ford Barn and Craigs list. I really do not like the photo system on this computer. Picasa used to work beautifully for me but no longer operating. As I had said before, I am more than happy to send pictures to anyone's email address which I can for some strange reason ?

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Link to the tutorials
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/tutorials.88/

lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I know it is a fine point, but NOS parts are unused parts manufactured by the car company that manufactured the cars, what you have are NORS New Old Replacement Stock. Tough to sell without photos. Bob

lothiandon1940 and X38 like this.
  11. alchemy

alchemy

Don't knock yourself out, I was only joking about the rivet pics. But, it is nice to have the knowledge to post pics, so this would be a good practice opportunity for you.

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  12. As a side note. If they won't load, a lot of times its because they are too big. You can make them smaller and then post them.

13. Binky

Binky

As I said earlier, I know where the pics are, they just do not show when I try to upload them ! I stand corrected on the NOS parts, I sat most all the Ford NOS aside but will sell a few pieces at some point. let's call the rest NORS ! Too bad on the rivets, I went to great lengths to get good pics. How about some eccentric hood bolts to line up your 49 Ford hoods for a nice fit ? BTW, your Kaiser/Frazer engine bearings are in as well as your water outlet gasket for your 1936 Hudson Terraplane and and 1939 Studebaker !

Budget36 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Did you take a look at the tutorials that Mark mentioned above in post #9?

Moriarity likes this.
  15. alchemy

alchemy

Actually, the rivets are rather generic. But, the eccentric hood adjuster bolts would probably sell well in the classifieds. And Kaiser bearings might sell too.

16. 5window

5window

lothiandon1940 and X38 like this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

What type of camera are you using?

18. Make sure you save the pics as Jpeg files; most photo programs save them as some proprietary file that won't be recognized outside that program. And also check sizes as mentioned....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

If you are using a mac save the photos in "my photos"
    When you post hit upload a file, select photo library and select your photos.
    The mac will also be able to reduce the photos.
    I find it easier using my iPhone for photos.

20. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Actually NOS parts are those originally used by the manufacturer but not always manufactured by the manufacturer for their particular product. I'm pretty sure Ford never produced light bulbs for example. Just clarify not to ridicule...

lothiandon1940 and Budget36 like this.
  21. Binky

Binky

Nikon coolpix

Attached Files:

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member