Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The indiana deuce score

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Binderman01, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Binderman01

Binderman01

Long post ahead, if you just want pictures skip down.

Let's start this thread 15 years ago as a young gear head into pure American muscle, mopar or no car! Then I watched American graffiti one day and my life changed, all of a sudden it was deuce coupes and only deuce coupes.

Once I got a job and graduated started watching for any deuce that sold, all extremely out of my price range, and I pretty well gave up on finding a original coupe and figures one day I'd throw together a fiberglass coupe and be happy enough.

Fast forward to last Saturday night, I'm sitting on the couch at a friend's on Facebook marketplace and up pops 32 coupe for sale, I look through every picture, message the guy, and get no response.....the next morning he messages back and we set up a time ok Monday to view the car. The story is his uncle bought the car in 68, got married and parked it around 74, after his wife passed he started collecting parts to get it back on the road until he also passed unexpectedly. I get there it's gorgeous, tons of new parts, Multiple sets of fenders and other parts, a pines winter front, jag rear, brand new chassis the heidts ifs and irs, original chassis, classic 60s interior still intact. I knew then I wanted it, until the owner told me it was a silent auction ending Saturday. I'll skip the details of the auction as this is already longer than I.had planned for an introduction post, but I got the car, my hunt for a deuce is over! I have a lot of digging to getting this old car and all the parts for it out of the barn, and many parts to sell as I'm planning on using the original frame and building it back traditional as opposed to the new chassis, will probably sell the ffenders and pines as well to try and free up cash to finish this thing quickly. With no further ado, I present the present condition and previous condition!

It is a nice fact that the car will be staying in Its home state of Indiana, there were 4 of us bidding, I being the only from Indiana, as well as the only one not trying to resell the car as well.

Screenshot_20201115-103335.png Screenshot_20201115-103341.png Screenshot_20201115-103348.png Screenshot_20201115-103437.png Screenshot_20201115-103453.png Screenshot_20201115-103519.png Screenshot_20201115-103356.png Screenshot_20201115-103405.png Screenshot_20201115-103532.png 627262446.jpg 627694098.jpg 627694115.jpg 627694141.jpg

29EHV8, Torkwrench, Carter and 36 others like this.
  2. Great score! Where in the great state of Indiana did you find it? I'm from the north west corner, Valparaiso area.

halfsack likes this.
  3. Congrats. Your a very lucky man. Enjoy.

4. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Congrats. You’ve made many people jealous. :cool: Seriously, that’s awesome and I’m glad for you. Now get busy hauling all that stuff home.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Binderman01

Binderman01

The car was in Martinsville, I'm about an hour south of there.

6. HuskerNation

HuskerNation

I’m as jealous as I am happy for you! It’s hard to believe there are still hidden jems out there & I look forward to watching as you bring her back to the road!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. I pass through there about once a year on my way to a buddy’s house near Odon In. Post pics as you work on the car please

8. Chgo Sox Fan

Chgo Sox Fan

Nice find. Glad it’s staying in its home state of IN. Maybe once it is finished I’ll see in driving in Lafayette, IN. Keep us posted with pictures.

Runnin shine and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Binderman01

Binderman01

To funny....I'm 20 minutes north of odon in Linton, my business is in Worthington.

bondojunkie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Hutkikz

Hutkikz

Way Cool score. Expect a ton of pm's err "conversations" about that pines winterfront grill.

Carter and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Congratulations that's going to make one nice hot rod.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

CONGRATULATIONS! Great to know car is in good hands. Amazing when you
    think back on all the hands that literally worked on that car over the years and
    the satisfaction it must have brought them. Now, it will continue.

13. Binderman01

Binderman01

I hope they do! So far I've had an $800 offer on pines, and 17k for chassis and grill.

chryslerfan55 and weps like this.
  14. -Brent-

-Brent-

Right on! The way it was in the original pics was AWESOME!

That Pines and chassis should help you get the ball rolling... though the Pines (and the fenders) really helped to set this car apart.

Best of luck with the build.

15. Binderman01

Binderman01

The pines will be the last accessory I'll sell. I'm a fenderless guy so they are going, if the budget allows me to keep the pines I will just as a little piece of the previous owners inspiration, although his interior is getting redone as well with the same patterns. His nephew said he was wanting to convert it to rumble seat and it has everything to do so, so I might do that as well.

Runnin shine and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm not you but if I were you, I would keep the Pines with the car. $800 isn't much in the grand scheme of a build like this, and it's likely to be something you might regret selling down the road.

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

right place at the right time

18. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

19. Binderman01

Binderman01

I laughed at him at that price.

It would have to have a 0 on that to be let go of.

Carter likes this.
  20. Great score, just wish the chassis hadn't been converted to a street rod one. Glad to hear you will be putting it back to a traditional one. Remember to be careful what you post about the street rod items so your posts don't get deleted by the Moderators.

mgtstumpy, chryslerfan55 and weps like this.
  21. 19Fordy

19Fordy

DON'T sell anything until after you get the car built the way you want it to be.
    SELL now and REGRET it later.
    Everyone knows it's solid gold. Don't be tempted.

IronFord and -Brent- like this.
  22. uncle buck

uncle buck

I’ll up him with a bottle of whiskey and $850 then ....
    A friend of mine recently sold one for $8000 and I have seen them sell for as high as $12000 , although that has been quite a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

pitman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Squablow

Squablow

Here's the edited version of your first post boiled down to the important parts for the guys who are too lazy to read the whole thing. Great score!

Screenshot_20201115-103335.png
    627694098.jpg

I will say though, reconsider the fenderless thing. I know you're in love with the AG car, and who isn't, but to find this amazing (almost) survivor car with documented history and pictures, and then to rebuild it fenderless, would be akin to finding the original AG car in a barn somewhere, and rebuilding it WITH fenders, because you like that better. I feel like there's enough of this car left to be considered caretaker more than raw materials for building. Just look at that full fendered, hood-on picture!

But even if that doesn't happen, I'm glad it went to someone who's not just a flipper, and also one who's not going to finish turning it into another lame streetrod. That's the best possible outcome, fenders or no.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  24. -Brent-

-Brent-

How about those original hairpins? Keeping those with the build?

Are you going back to the 60s with it? Milner inspired?

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  25. Binderman01

Binderman01

Street rod chassis is all new, if you look the original chassis is under the car still

26. Binderman01

Binderman01

I haven't found the hairpin yet, It'll probably get split bones.

Thankfully I've grown away from milners interests to a point if 15 year old me would have built it it would need chopped more, channeled a fuzz and painted "piss yellow"

It will be flathead powered,un channeled, FULL size radiator shell lol

Essentially 60s style but I'll put the jag rear back in it as the chassis is set up for it already.

27. Ahh yes, now that I enlarged the pictures I see that. Pictures were too small on my cell phone for these old eyes to see it earlier. Having it will make your job easier.

28. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

That's like hitting the lottery. Good luck with it.

29. tim troutman

tim troutman

WHAT A SCORE hope to see you on the streets soon

30. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

I saw this on Facebook, figured it was out of my price range. Glad you got it!! Very cool!
    I vote for the full fendered version. But I understand it is your car!
    Good luck!! Have fun!