Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Ford floor installation question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by birdman1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. birdman1

birdman1

I have a 37 ford coupe , had no floor or rockers in it. I got new EMS rockers and floors with thecar. My question is, where do the rockers go, on top of the frame rails? i called EMS tech for help, but since they cant send or receive pictures, was no help. I am thinking the lower 2 1/2" lip has to be cut off for them to fit the frame rail. the tech said no cutting or modifications are necessary . do the rockers sit on TOP of the frame? thanks again for any help.Henry DSC_0069.JPG

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

The floor panel sits on top of the small rubber pads at each bolt, the subrail's top lip sits on top of the floor panel, and the body fits around the subrail. I'm guessing from your pic that the subrail needs its bottom flange trimmed a bit. The bottom flange shouldn't be two inches wide. More like 1/2".

Bolt the running boards to the frame, then you can raise or lower the body so the rear fenders will line up with the running boards.

3. birdman1

birdman1

Thankyou for your help, don't know why the tech at EMS told me that I couldn't trim the metal. Stay safe.

4. alchemy

alchemy

I'll try to get an exact measurement on the lower flange width for you today. I've got a 40 tudor that is slightly buried in junk that I can check on.

5. alchemy

alchemy

The bottom flange is .45" wide.

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

7. alchemy

alchemy

EMS, you quoted me but I think you meant to speak to the OP. I know how to put together a fat fender Ford, but he needs a little assistance.

8. Check my build thread. I put EMS floors and rockers in my 39 sedan. They will go in basically the way as your 37. Lots of pics of the floor install. Floors goin rockers go in on with the top lip riser welded to the floor pan. Don’t forget the seat re-enforcement plate. You should have no trimming on the rocker other than possibly length if you not replacing the entire rocker.

The 39 guy likes this.