Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Nozzle location on mechanical fuel injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pnevells, Nov 19, 2020.

1. pnevells

pnevells

We have a late 60s vintage Crower injector on our Nostalgia altered, we run it on alcohol, i have noticed other Crower injections wit the nozzles below the butterflys . The car runs fine, we do not use a transbrake and just punch it from an idle and it leaves really good 1.28 60 ft times . Curious if there are any experience with locations and pros or cons of each . shaker2019bsd14.jpg old man1.jpg

GlassThamesDoug, Deuces and vtx1800 like this.
  2. jaracer

jaracer

Back in my sprint car days, I was told the high placement was better for power at high rpm.

3. Calling Spud Miller would be very good place to start. He's been in the game many years and is also one heck of a nice guy. He's seen and deals in it all. Also a great magneto man.

www.fuelinjectionent.com

pnevells likes this.
  4. Hemi511

Hemi511

I have a crower 8 port on a blower motor. My nozzles are below the butterfly's. My engine is blown on gas. Using less fuel than an alcohol motor. If the butterfly's have a tight gap like mine. .004 if the nozzles were above the butterflies their "could be" an idle issue as the fuel runs across the butterflies and may puddle at the blade opening. Engine idle and just off idle is more dependent on the blade gap more than the fuel quantity. So if your not experienced tuner, you can spend a bit of time chasing your tail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, pnevells and wfo guy like this.

5. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

Now days all the sprint cars run long nozzles. 47322_R_16518562-62c1-47a0-8281-4dc3f45930ef.jpg

GlassThamesDoug and Deuces like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All mine have been over the butterflies but very close to the down side for alcohol and nitro. For gasoline the higher the better for a lot of wide open throttle.

Deuces likes this.
  7. Hemi511

Hemi511

That's a good looking machine. Nice 60 foot times also.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.