Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turkey Run?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 17, 2020.

1. It looks like the Turkey Run in Daytona Beach is going to happen as scheduled, who's going? HRP

Daytona.jpeg

3W JOHN, Elcohaulic, ladyhrp and 3 others like this.
  2. 3030

Will be there need to get far away from the DICK tator. Weather looks good

3W JOHN, Tman and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Bump. HRP

3W JOHN and ladyhrp like this.
  4. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

My sister is hosting TG dinner for the family at her house in New Smyrna Bch. so Ill be there without my car.
    What's it cost for spectator to get in?

5. If it hasn't changed: $15 Thursday - Saturday / $10 Sunday / Children under 11 FREE

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and dana barlow like this.
  6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

It's a really lot of cool cars n parts in one place,so if one has never been Daytona,it is as close to a must see as there is !
    Went a number of times years back,an it only kept getting bigger !
    The last time,my hip would not let me enjoy all of it,miles of walking I can't do anymore that much.
    We do have a super speedway in Miami,an have a show event there as part of the races. This one was about 2 or so years back,running at just above 100mph ,play,drop back,then close the gap{ no passing allowed ]
    [​IMG]

7. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I went a few years ago and was thinking about going this year but this covid mess has me rethinking my idea.

Elcohaulic and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Not this year. We're going to have Thanksgiving dinner in my garage. But I do have a funny story about that run. Back in 78 the wife and I went. We were playing on the beach, and I left my old tennis shoes on the running boards of our Chevrolet. I drove off and lost them. I told a club member the funny story about my shoes. So at the awards ceremony. They ask me to come up front , and gave me $10. to buy some new tennis shoes. They were the old Black and white Kids and full of holes. So $10. was way too much. lol Ron.. 20201118_162459.jpeg 20201118_162930.jpeg 20201118_162631.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. long island vic

long island vic

Coming in Tuesday. foot operation so we are getting scooters. wednesday dinner is at deck down under in orange great seafood on the water.....breakfast at Steve's gaiiey on a1a in orange. try them both.. that's where the locals go

10. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

we will be there fri late till sun am ....god i need a swapmeet
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

11. Loosing your shoes is better than loosing your shirt! :D HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Not this year,not afraid of catching the virus since I think I had it earlier this year but do not want to have to be forced to stay at home for two weeks after I get back home and I still have not replaced the trans in the Sunliner I got hot while down there in 2018.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

I'll be there Friday AM and Saturday. Look for my 37 Ford State Police car.

14. I keep saying that I want to go again, of course I have been saying that for 27 years! One of these days....

15. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Don't these promotors read the news, or do they think the rising numbers are "fake news". They neglect to cancel something like the Turkey Run because it a money grab and nothing else. Do you think for one minute they are thinking about our safety? We are just dollar signs to them! We ALL need to do our part in stopping this epidemic and by attending a car show during the Covid 19 sickness is down right selfish, and stupid. Stay home, so we can all attend next year!

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Attached Files:

17. Dana, didn't a hamber build this? HRP

[​IMG]

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and dana barlow like this.
  18. ^^^^^Well, since the Sturgis Rally didn't seem to have much of an impact Nationally I doubt this will. I do know Clark and some other HAMBers are going

19. It seems that any thread posted lately has some that try to interject political undertones or negativity into the mix, I honestly believe if a person decides to participate in a show and adheres to the safety precautions set in place it is no ones business whether they participate or not, as adults we each have to account for ourselves.

This is still a free country. HRP

20. Besides Ron, weren't you at Bonneville Speed Week this year yourself? ;)

HOTRODPRIMER, dana barlow and 3W JOHN like this.
  21. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Reminds me of my mom, don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

6inarow, dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Yes we did we set another record that's 7 so far Thanks for asking . However there's no way that event can be compared to this one we were able to distance easily plus the number of people at Speed week even in a normal situation would never compare to this event. And lastly the spread taking place now is well out of control a lot different than what was going on in August. The Turkey run is a great event been there myself in the past I'm just waiting until its safe once again before being in such a big crowd.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  23. Just pokin at ya Ron.

3W JOHN, dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. 3030

Boy it would be fun to meet the famous hotrodprimer in person got a feeling I would like this guy

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

2021 for me. Seem to be on an every other year trend. Take pictures if you do . IMG_4211.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

We decided to skip the turkey run this year.

27. TCATTC

TCATTC

I'll be there for about the 25th time

28. John, I think it's best for us to skip it this year also. HRP

3W JOHN and The Magic Ratchet like this.
  29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

upspirate, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. Boones, D-Russ, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.