Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A tree fell on my car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safetythird, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ken bogren

ken bogren

When looking at cars in the no/low rust zone it'sworth considering the location history of the car. A Falcon that just arrived in AZ from MN last might not be rust free.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought my '60 21-miles from the dealership location where it was first sold, and 42-miles from where it was built.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Should be plenty to find in that swath.

Lately we are soaked with Rancheros out here. I was looking over my leftover parts pile, thinking that I could probably put together a whole one, from a roller.

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to see that. Although it could have been worse. You or a family member could have been it it. Good luck with the insurance co. Hopefully all will be fine.

5. safetythird

safetythird

Just to update this thread.....

Hagerty took good care of me and sent out an appraiser right away. They paid me the agreed upon value. The only thing that came up was if I wanted to keep the car or not-no issues at all.

It took this long because some idiot misplaced the title and had to get a replacement.

I kept the car and bought another. This one is (believe it or not) a California car, and the visible rust in the picture is the worst of it. The other quarter is intact and there's no rust under it.

IMG_20201001_131810811.jpg

My shop is unheated so I can prep it, but not paint it until the spring, and then I can move all the fun bits from the smushed one over.

I really appreciate all the support.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

So glad to see your moving forward, make the best of the journey, your smiles are in your control.
    God Bless your family.

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good deal! Looks like the replacement is in pretty good shape, so it should be pretty easy to swap the goodies over to it.

8. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So swap all the good stuff over to ncluding the left quarter panel and you should be golden. Spring and paint won’t. be long after all the transplanting!