Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deleting Ads with Price listed in Ad instead of Price Box

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by dericwi, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been using this site for years, mostly buying but occasionally listing. All of a sudden today several of my ads are being deleted ? What if I have more than 1 item in the listing? What if I change the price? Who's the moderator making arbitrary decisions like this as there are many ads still up with same listing info (price - in ad). The only note says I didn't follow the rules Really? Going through all the listings I hope who ever you are.

2. silent rick

silent rick

did you ever do an intro? join this community? looks like in all your posts, you are selling stuff.

you gotta follow the rules man

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    X38, Thor1, wraymen and 1 other person like this.
  3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You surely deserve better treatment with all that you have contributed to this board over your time here. I really feel for you.......

X38, Thor1, silent rick and 1 other person like this.
  4. Well at least buy her dinner now and then.

X38 and Thor1 like this.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

so, you ignored the rules and the warning when your ads were deleted and just re listed them with no price in the price box? Perhaps you can explain to us why you do not need to follow the rules

nunattax, flatheadpete, X38 and 2 others like this.
  6. grumpy65

grumpy65

Popcorn..............check.
    Beer.....................check.
    Comfy chair.......check.

Ok, I'm all ready. Let it rip. :D

Thor1 likes this.
  7. I deleted your ad...twice. Our rules, listed at top of classifieds opening page say you are required to list your price in the price box. If you want to change pricing later on, you can change it.

8. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok Rocky, I'm going to assume you monitor everyone's thread and the numerous threads on this great site are now going to be deleted that don't have a price in the section as marked. There are threads on the parts for sale section daily that list as I do. Please be consistent with us all.

And for those wondering about why it appears I only do selling, you can't show the purchases you make on here. That's what PM and other communication channels are for. Probably bought over 100 items from here and the Fordbarn since I joined. I've worked on 3 vehicles so far completed and now on my next couple so most likely more purchases will be made. (and sales maybe).

I reach out to fellow HAMB members directly, don't post on line, it takes more time and you also get those who feel the need to add their two cents that might or might not be relevant. Been at this for over 25 years and hoping to go 25 more.

9. silent rick

silent rick

what's fair is fair rocky

10. I love it when people moan about the free advertising.
    Especially when they only join to use the free advertising.

Yep, it really sucks when something free isn't good enough.:rolleyes:

(And I'm not just talking about this guy.)

11. grumpy65

grumpy65

"Our rules"
    Well put. Imparts a feeling of inclusion, which is good. :)
    Also alludes to them applying to all.........................not that hard to understand. :rolleyes:
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

wraymen and Thor1 like this.
  12. Just follow the rules and don't worry about someone else breaking them like you have done, I looked at all the for sale ad's you have posted for free and have sold a lot of parts, why not help support this site and join the Hamb Alliance and give back like many members do. HRP

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. ....You're sort of implying that it benefits the site in some way financially because you have so many transactions on here. How about next time you make a buck because of the free ad space that you enjoy, pony up the dollars for an Alliance Membership.

wraymen likes this.
  15. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do pay annually for this site and the Fordbarn site. Again on line forums where people can post their two cents where it's relevant or not is what sucks about the anonymity of the Internet. Most negative or condescending things people say on line would never be said in person face to face.

16. .....How does that work?

17. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easily done. Just click on the link for Alliance and it's right there.

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sorry, I just don’t see you listed as an alliance member.
    Follow our rules and don’t bellyache.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I feel compelled to point something out...

dericwi, if you really were an Alliance member it would state that in big red letters in your avatar directly below your name. Right now your avatar says simply says "member", so according to that you have made no contribution in the form of an Alliance membership.

As far as I am aware, this is the only way you can make an annual contribution to Ryan to help support this site.

Moriarity, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And enforce the rules consistently for everyone, that's all I am pointing out and asking.

22. DAMN! according to your link, we joined the alliance at exactly the same date and time o_O

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Set back take everything you can from this site. Then make a post complaining it’s not to YOUR satisfaction?

Then on top of all this , instead of ACTUALLY signing up and actually contributing to the Alliance membership.....

You include a link to where you need to sign up?????
    Is that for our benefit?
    What a loser.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The biggest travesty out of all this is that this is not being posted out in the open in the general discussion forum where the "contributors" to the HAMB community can view it.
    This should not be just about whether the guy is an alliance member or NOT.

25. dericwi

dericwi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the haters pile on to my point earlier.

If you are already a member but not alliance when you go to the link I showed you get this.

upload_2020-11-16_12-46-57.png

And then you click on it to upgrade.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don’t think it’s that confusing or hard to understand. Put a realistic price in the price box.

If you are condensing ads and putting multiple things on one listing - put the range there.

This is not something to get upset about.

27. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Yep that is how you sign up to be an alliance member. And when you are an alliance member your screen will show as below.

upload_2020-11-16_11-54-56.png

28. Oh hell who cares now! Party on my friends! Who's buying this round?

29. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my favorite sections of the H.A.M.B. is this section of " Questions and Suggestions "
    It never fails to amaze me, as to the variety of material that appears in this section.

365 days in a year, divided by $50.00 = $7.3 cents a day!

Where else can you get access 24/7, at all hours of the day or night, to a website of this nature, that is focused on a very targeted market ? ( Craig's list doesn't count in my opinion )

When I have gone to swap meets and flea markets over the years, either the parking was free and you paid at the gate to get in, or you paid for the parking and the admission to the swap meet was free, or both in some situations such as the Portland Swap meet.

Here on the H.A M.B. there is a wide latitude, of what can be had for no monetary investment, and for just $7.3 cents a day, if one wishes to contribute, I think the consideration in the form of discounts, from vendors to Alliance members, is worth it, for that particular perk alone !

So just to illustrate a point here, if an individual is going to use this site, to either sell items or to purchase items, it only make sense to try to help out and try to support the efforts put forth by those that keep the lights burning over at ATOMIC.

And that is totally voluntary, not mandatory !

Not much to ask if there are a few simple rules to follow, in regards as to how this web site functions !

Imagine if we as an individual, that owns and runs this site and this image below, was what we saw daily as a result of the efforts put forth to keep it running ?

NO SALE.jpg
    It would not take long before this site, would not be viable and would be shut down, and that would be a total bummer for all of us, that enjoy the H.A.M.B. for what it is and all of the incredible connections it can and does provide!

Thor1 likes this.
  30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I do not have you as ever being an Alliance member... You might wanna pm me to get that straightened out. If you are paying, I need to take care of you for sure.

However, this rule is consistent for both Alliance and non-alliance members.

Thor1 and Petejoe like this.