Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 60 continental lower control arm bushes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet50steve, Apr 15, 2020.

1. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Just been let down by summit on my delivery to uk of a set of 4 lower control arm bushes for my 1960 lincoln continental kustom.can’t seem to find a set of 4 anywhere? People only seem to stock 1 or 2 and the wait at the moment for more stock is ages away and I have my car stripped down at the moment blocking my other cars in!!the bushes on a 60 Ford seem very minutely longer but same diameter inner and outer. Has anyone fitted these at all or better still know where I can purchase a set of four from,I know andersen restorations have them but will not ship internationally, any ideas or answers will be greatly appreciated,thanks

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Thank you for replying,already tried,2 only again,seems strange,they cannot be that hard to get surely?? Looks like middle of May if will be,still can’t drive or go anywhere with lockdown on so on the stands she will remain!

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

can't you just buy 2 from rockauto and 2 from someone else?

RMONTY likes this.

5. egads

egads

Elcohaulic and chevrolet50steve like this.
  6. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Thanks for that egads,much appreciated ,I ordered them from partsynergy this afternoon ,rare parts did stock 4 of them as well though for future reference if anybody else needs them,I got let down big time from summit racing because they said they had them in stock but then emailed and said they couldn’t get them until middle of May and the rest of my $850 order would have to wait until then too,I had no choice and cancelled the bushes so rest of my order could be shipped,stupid thing is they are much cheaper elsewhere as well but no one stocked 4 of them and waiting time was still middle of May,the trouble is shipping and tax is more expensive to uk than the bushes so needed to order all 4 at the same time!! That will teach me not to order whilst I was in Detroit last month and send to my hotel,would’ve saved me a fortune!!

7. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Egads,I cannot thank you enough.think I have got there at last.
    Today it got worse,partsynergy only had one in stock too even after saying they had them in stock as well ,so another disappointing refund yet again!I can’t see the point of stocking one or two of these when most of the time 4 are required.fingers crossed,rareparts have messaged and said they have been shipped today by usps and on the way to uk. I will keep you informed,this has got to be one of the hardest service parts I have struggled to get for any american car over the years.3 refunds and 4 other companies that admitted they never had a set of 4 before taking payment.

egads likes this.
  8. egads

egads

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  9. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

All sorted, thanks.all rebuilt back in April and on the road for May but not really been anywhere apart from 2 local events as everything else this year been cancelled!!

egads likes this.