Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 59 f100 parts sources

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Okie_greaser, Jul 20, 2020.

1. finn

finn

The cab corners EMS tooled up recently are getting good reviews on Facebook. I see they just released floor pans and cab supports, too.

Supposedly the parts are available, but may not show up in the online catalog yet.

EMS seems committed to offering an expanding parts assortment.

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. Yes, very easy to do. Beings the transmission hangs off the back, it's very strait forward. stock slave and throw out bearing fork work fine. Plug and play, shorten driveshaft, make whatever shifter you have work, etc.

4. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

A friend has a t5 out of a fox body mustang. Been reading that the s10 tail shaft is the best way to get the shifter forward of the seat. I’m sure that will be an easy thing to source as well. Guessing that the s10 shifter would be the best shifter to use and just weld on however long round stock I want. I’m thinking this will be the right fit for what I want to do with the truck which is drive the heck out of it up and down the highway, and make the trip from Oklahoma City to Austin every year for LST.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

Thanks Finn. I saw someone talking about those cab corners replacements on a fridge Facebook group. High dollar but they look like quality pieces.

6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You've got Obsolete and Classic Auto Parts right there in OKC down about 89th and I-35 S. Service Road. They deal with 48-79 Ford trucks. Used to be another place there called Ford Obsolete around 59th and Shields. I bought a lot of stuff from them for my 76.

7. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

I have bought some stuff for my square body Chevy trucks in that same location. But they are pricey and have to order a lot of stuff in. It might be a different story down on the ford end so I’ll check them out since it’s only 20 minutes from the house.

8. cjmac

cjmac

Shoot me a note and let me know what you might be looking for and location .. ck out f100cjcool on fb too.

9. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

I follow you on Facebook. Great pics of these old trucks. Life happened and I’m working on the road more now, and that’s bringing more funds for the project but not much time to spend on it. The engine block is going to the machine shop next week and I’m sure I’ll need some odds and ends to get it out back together because it was in baggies when I got it. I would love to find an old duel carb setup for it. I’m also going to need a bed, I was given a long bed for it when I bout it but the truck is a short bed.

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

60fpu.jpg 60fpu2.jpg I've had this 60 for 20 years

11. Dizzie

Dizzie

IMG_0337.JPG My grandsons ‘59 that we are just about done with. Been working on it for three years. My neighbor has a junkyard that has a few Fridges in it which helped us with some parts. Lots of aftermarket parts came from Dennis Carpenter

fauj likes this.
  12. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

13. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

If you can find a big truck, the radiator supports are different but the side panels are the same. Bigger trucks are almost rust free in that area. My side panels came from an F-750. I cut that radiator support apart and replaced my rusted panels with almost perfect sides out of that big truck.

Lou

Okie_greaser likes this.
  14. Okie_greaser

Okie_greaser

IMG_1148.JPG IMG_1150.JPG picked up an engine for the F100 this week when I was in Arkansas

Speedy Canuck and fauj like this.