Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Gathering At The Roc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. There were several spectators and some that were there just there to see Woolaroc and happened upon a very cool car show. I saw a couple families with small kids that appeared to not be car people at all, but were enjoying getting their pictures with some of the cars.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It’s on something like 3700 acres. I saw people post 50+ photos and not have a single photo of large groups of cars I know where there. It would be very easy to not have photos of people which I know Travis try’s to avoid anyhow

lothiandon1940 and guthriesmith like this.
  3. Damn! The weather appeared to co-operate and I didn't go. Got my car approved early but was hesitant to go. After looking at the cars that attended, I doubt my car was even close to the caliber of the fine cars that were there. Maybe next year.

4. ..........I'm sure your car would have fit right in.

jim snow and guthriesmith like this.
  5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Spectator parking appeared full to me. Things were pretty spread out and that is maybe why you don't see lots of folks in the pictures. It was a great show with some REALLY nice cars, and plenty of my type of drivers. Looking forward to next year. Travis does a great job with pictures so I took very few.

6. Doh! Just realized I didn't get to meet you in person again...I even asked Bret Chrismer about you once while we were there.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Are there pics posted somewhere by the Travis you mentioned? I forget Royboy's name....is that Travis?
    Haha..I'm from Texas and I've now met both you guys!

straykatkustoms likes this.
  8. Your car would have fit in just fine Rock.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I wondered around Ruth for awhile but never saw you, or didn't realize I did. Some day.

arkiehotrods and guthriesmith like this.
  10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Travis is Travis Miller, not Royboy. They also call him Too Tall because he is. Great guy who takes really good pictures. As far as I know his pictures are only on Facebook.

11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

12. And Royboy is Travis Scanlan or @travisfromkansas who just posted a link to his shots ^ (if you click on one of the images, it'll take you to the rest of his photo album of the event coverage)

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Ok, I guess I am gonna have to arrange a coney meeting in Tulsa, the kinda middle point between Guthrie and northwest Arkansas. I think the one in Jenks would be closest to Jeff.

drdave and guthriesmith like this.
  14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I’m in.

guthriesmith likes this.
  15. LBH

LBH

I drove 3509 miles in my '33 three window ..... it was SPECTACULAR !!!